1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Dual Charger for BLN-1 and BLS-1?

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by nandystam, Jul 15, 2016.

1. nandystam

nandystam Mu-43 Regular

Aug 16, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Is there a dual charger that can accommodate both the BLN-1 and BLS-1? I found an old thread that advertised a Watson dual charger but those don't seem to ship Australia.

I have a mixture of original and 3rd party batteries for each type, so I understand it may not charge the originals fully, but that's OK. Or am I going to be better off using two separate chargers?

2. retiredfromlife

retiredfromlife Mu-43 Veteran

May 15, 2016
    Syndey, Australia
    The only one I have seen (and own) is the Hahnel pro cube. It does BLN-1 & BLS-5 as well as two Sony batteries that I recently purchased from DigiDirect in Sydney. Hahnel may make other combinations not sure. This one seems to change OK as well. Maybe a brand worth looking into as they make a universal charger where you can move the contacts.

Hahnel Universal Charger
    Hahnel Universal Charger - Batteries and Battery Grips - Digital SLR Accessories - Accessories

Regards

3. teacher447

teacher447 Mu-43 Rookie

May 8, 2015
    I agree with "Retired from Life". The Hahnel Plus Universalis all that you need. It is quick and handles BLN-1 and BLS-5 batteries. It also charges AA, AAA and USB. I've owned it a few years and used on 4-5 overseas and local trips. Works great. Recommended.