Dry Cabinet Problem

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by boatman37210, Apr 20, 2015.

1. boatman37210

boatman37210 Mu-43 Regular

Jun 28, 2012
    Thailand
    Room humidity is 46%. Dry cabinet set at 48%, but digital monitor shows 36%. When I first got the cabinet humidity stayed + or - 2% from the setting. Now not even close.

I am assuming broke, but since I do not know how they work thought I would ask for other opinions.

Thanks

2. brettmaxwell

brettmaxwell Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 8, 2012
    I've only looked at dry cabinets once or twice before, but the ones I've seen only dehumidify, so setting the number higher than the room humidity would not cause the cabinet to actively do anything. Try unplugging it for a day and then checking it, if it's still around 36%, then it's staying at that on it's own without activating. If the humidity then climbs, the cabinet must be activating before eclipsing the set humidity. If that's the case, look up maintenance or calibration options for your cabinet.

• Appreciate Appreciate x 1
  3. Petrochemist

Petrochemist Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 21, 2013
    N Essex, UK
    Mike
    It could be that the digital reading is wrong If the value doesn't change while the door is left open, it suggests the meter is useless.
    The job of a dry cabinet is to keep things drier to reduce fungus/mold growth. If it's doing that I can't see what the problem is.