Dropped camera, sensor out of place

Colours of life

New to Mu-43
Yesterday I dropped my gx80 and now the sensor is out of it's place. Can someone here tell me if this could be fixed without breaking my bank account.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

This was shot with camera at 60mm.

Here is an image of the sensor.

At 15mm the problem is nearly gone so if it will be a very expensive repair then I think I will use this as a second camera.

Thanks in advance

Wasabi Bob

Mu-43 All-Pro
Unfortunately, you are probably looking at replacing the entire mount box ass'y. As far as I know, they don't repair that assembly because of the time required and need for extreme alignment accuracy. Been trying to make sense of the image sensor photo you posted. Not so clear - what is that purple diagonal area? Most likely less expensive to go for a new camera.

Colours of life

New to Mu-43
Unfortunately, you are probably looking at replacing the entire mount box ass'y. As far as I know, they don't repair that assembly because of the time required and need for extreme alignment accuracy. Been trying to make sense of the image sensor photo you posted. Not so clear - what is that purple diagonal area? Most likely less expensive to go for a new camera.
Thank you for your fast reply!
The purple is reflection of the glass, I roughly marked the lines of the sensor on the following picture.

Colours of life

New to Mu-43
That's very unfortunate!

It does look like quite an expensive repair. Did you check if this damage is covered by any insurance (possibly travel or specific valuables policy)?
Not yet, I just found out when I put another lens then my 15mm on it. I guess I could try with my travel insurance. Thanks for your response.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom