driving through a puddle

Discussion in 'Street, Documentary, and Portrait' started by nickthetasmaniac, Jun 8, 2011.

1. nickthetasmaniac

nickthetasmaniac Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 11, 2011
    There's a bit of road that goes into my uni that doesn't drain. Council has been saying that they'll fix it for the 5 years that I've been here and as yet they've done nothing.

So when it rains, I get to drive through a massive puddle, which is one of the most immature and enjoyable things a 24yr old can do :)

GH2 and 14/f2.5

On a side note, I think this shot says something interesting about m43. I honestly don't think I'd have been able to safely put myself in a position to get this shot with a traditional dSLR. However, the GH2 and 14/f2.5 were compact and light enough to get into position, the LCD allowed me to frame while driving (keep in mind this is a side street with no traffic!), and the DoF characteristics of the format and the 14mm at f9 meant I didn't have to worry about focussing, while usable 1600iso let me keep the shutter-speed acceptable for the dim lighting.

Generally, I think this versatility is something the format should promote more!

• Like Like x 1