Downtown Friday Night

khollister

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Keith
A summer evening in Floyd, VA. Bluegrass musicians and the residents come out every Friday night for some pickin' and talkin'. E-M5 with various lenses

khollister

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Keith
Thanks, guys. We have an Airstream trailer and spend several weeks each summer up there at a co-op Airstream park we are stockholders in. It sets on the top of a mountain about 2 mi from the Blue Ridge Parkway and overlooks the New River valley into West Virginia. Fantastic sunsets (sorry, this is a Nikon D800 image). The trailers sit along a drive just out of the frame to the right and we basically get that view from our trailer.

Floyd is the nearest town - about 15 mi down the road. Roanoke is about 23 mi the other direction. I went to school at Va Tech in Blacksburg, which is about 20 mi almost directly out towards the sun in that photo past the first couple mountains.

It's a really cool place. Since I'm now retired and my wife is not teaching summer sessions at the university any more, we plan to spend even more time up there.

0dBm

Mu-43 Top Veteran
My kid brother went to Va Tech as well. Good to know of another Hokie. Sad time during that tragedy during the Spring of 2007.

Yeah, beautiful county out there. Spent many weekends in Roanoke in my youth.

Crdome

Mu-43 Legend
Real Name
Michael
Thank you. What a wonderful way of life to have music as such an integral part of society! Songcatcher (2000) is a fabulous movie about that genera.

Latest threads

Top Bottom