Downloading Firmware.

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by juangrande, Jun 17, 2013.

1. juangrande

juangrande Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 2, 2012
    COLORADO
    Maybe someone can help me. I'm trying to download firmware updates for the Panasonic 35-100. I have the downloads on my Mac Mini (10.7.5) but the files won't open when I click them. My mac says I need an App. Can I just drag the files to my memory card and proceed? The panasonic site says I should open them 1st and that my OS should do it. Any help would be much appreciated!!

2. GaryAyala

GaryAyala Mu-43 Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    SoCal
    I think yes.

I recently had a similar problem with Fuji downloads. You may need a start clean, ala delete all the files and re-dowload. I needed a clean start with the Fuji updates.

Gary

3. STR

STR Mu-43 Veteran

May 16, 2013
    The file you download from Panasonic was the self-executing .zip files for Windows PCs. A mac won't be able to run them. Go back and get the .zip version from Panasonic's site. Unzip that, and you'll get a single .lin file. If you have a Panasonic camera, you just drop it in the root directory of the SD card, turn on the camera and hit the playback button.

Olympus cameras have a different method involving a desktop program. I'm not familiar with it, though I don't like the idea of it.

4. juangrande

Dec 2, 2012
    COLORADO
    No they were for Mac according to the site. Yes when I go to downloads the files end in .lin. Maybe the battery on the camera absolutely has to be fully charged? But they will not open on the comp. So just drag them to the card?

5. STR

STR Mu-43 Veteran

May 16, 2013
    Do you have a Panasonic or Olympus camera?

6. juangrande

Dec 2, 2012
    COLORADO
    I'm using a G5 to do this. OK It is the battery. Must be completely charged or it won't work. Even if it's showing full, put it in the charger.

7. STR

STR Mu-43 Veteran

May 16, 2013
    Just drop the .lin file into the SD card. Not in any of the folders though. Attach the lens, power on the camera, and press the green playback button.

8. idfo555

idfo555 New to Mu-43

Jun 21, 2013
    Hello dude you must delete all the files and again download hope your problem is much solved..I also go through the same problem but i have solved my problem by the delete of files...