Downloading en masse from Gallery?

pdh

Mu-43 Top Veteran
A question for Amin, when you have a moment:

Wondering if it's possible to download all the images I have uploaded to my Gallery/Albums without visiting each individual image and then chasing them down in my browser cache?

I've tried wget but can't seem to find the right virtual paths (or something ...)

There seems to be some functionality in PhotoPost (perhaps a later version?) to download photos marked as favourites as a .zip file

thanks

pdh

Christilou

Mu-43 Top Veteran
I'm also interested as I lost all my photos from my Blog in a Mac-crash a few months ago and these are now the only copies! Hope it's not too complicated:smile:

Herman

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Good question. How about: deleting en masse, deleting selected images?
Let's see what amin can do.

Amin

Mu-43 Legend
Herman, bulk is an issue you asked me to look into a long time ago, and the answer to that has not changed. It is unfortunately not possible for a member to bulk delete.

pdh, I'm looking into the batch download question. The download favorites function is an option to download photos by others marked as your favorites. I don't think it will let you download your own photos.

Christina, so sorry to hear you lost all your photos. That is really awful :frown:.

Amin

Mu-43 Legend
I looked into this issue. There is no way to do bulk downloads on our site using the gallery software. There is the zip download functionality that pdh mentioned, but for technical reasons that will not work with our site.

The best solution I could find is to go to your gallery using the Firefox browser and use the middle button on your mouse to get each of your images on a separate tab. From there, you can use the Firefox add-on called "Save image" (has to be installed separately) which will let you simultaneously download all images from all tabs while setting limits for image dimensions and/or file size to be downloaded.

pdh

Mu-43 Top Veteran
thanks for looking at it for us, Amin ... that's quite a lot of clicking will need to be done ...

(I've worked out that wget doesn't seem to like the redirect, by the way)

Latest threads

Top Bottom