Down to "bare bones" more or less

Bidkev

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Brisbane Australia from Blackpool UK 25yrs ago
I went back through my images of the last 6 months and decided to "lose" 3 bodies and some lenses that I rarely used. Being on a flat rate aged pension with no superann, and that where "leisure" is concerned, I never buy anything without selling something to fund it, I decided to part with a substantial amount of gear to fund the boat. So all I've left now is what's in my signature and I'm sure they will serve me well enough. I'd actually part with the 40-150 for all the use that it gets but they are getting passed in on ebay auctions even with a low starting bid of AUS$80. Of course, now I've parted with the gear and bought the boat, my fishing venues have now been closed due to Covid. Just my luck eh? :rolleyes-38: Time to brush up on still life and macro methinks.

Bushboy

Mu-43 All-Pro
Solid kit Kev.
I would like two M5ii bodies.
They’re holding their value over here!

Bushboy

Mu-43 All-Pro
You’ve a way to go before bare bones kit... :)
I’ve been playing with the little flash that came with it, closeups. I’m making a little flash snoot like your Pringle thing , only smaller. That little flash is quite good! Nice and tiny.

Panolyman

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Brian
I went back through my images of the last 6 months and decided to "lose" 3 bodies and some lenses that I rarely used. Being on a flat rate aged pension with no superann, and that where "leisure" is concerned, I never buy anything without selling something to fund it, I decided to part with a substantial amount of gear to fund the boat. So all I've left now is what's in my signature and I'm sure they will serve me well enough. I'd actually part with the 40-150 for all the use that it gets but they are getting passed in on ebay auctions even with a low starting bid of AUS$80. Of course, now I've parted with the gear and bought the boat, my fishing venues have now been closed due to Covid. Just my luck eh? :rolleyes-38: Time to brush up on still life and macro methinks.
"all I've left" :laugh:

I guess everything you had before would have filled a cruise ship, never mind a kayak!

Bidkev

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
"all I've left" :laugh:

I guess everything you had before would have filled a cruise ship, never mind a kayak!
@Panolyman Yeah Brian. All that kit was bought with the proceeds of a canon 7Dmkll, 5Dmklll 100-400mkll, 24-105 and 40mm pancake. Four m43 bodies and 7 lenses. Just goes to show how affordable m43 is

bassman

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
The Bassman
I just sold the 40-150 for US $40+ shipping on fleabay. Glad to be rid of it; while it’s a fine lens, I never used it. Part of my housecleaning to fund a new E-M1.3 and E-M5.3.

drd1135

Zen Snapshooter
Real Name
Steve
Still a good kit.

Shortsonfire79

Mu-43 Regular
I see in your flickr album that you used to have the PL100400. Why'd you opt to hang on to the Oly 75-300 over that?

Also, could you comment about how the 100400 performed with the EM5ii? I was thinking I'd *need* to upgrade to the EM1ii for faster focusing. I rarely see any comments about the PL on any Oly bodies; it's mostly on the G9.

Darmok N Jalad

Shaka, when the shutter fell
Real Name
Randy
I see in your flickr album that you used to have the PL100400. Why'd you opt to hang on to the Oly 75-300 over that?

Also, could you comment about how the 100400 performed with the EM5ii? I was thinking I'd *need* to upgrade to the EM1ii for faster focusing. I rarely see any comments about the PL on any Oly bodies; it's mostly on the G9.
Not to speak for OP, but I’m guessing size is a factor. I’ve heard the PL100-400 is a bit of a beast to carry. The 75-300 is much lighter on the go, even lighter than the P100-300ii, though at the cost of a little speed.

Bidkev

Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Weight/size as I suffer from recurring bursitis. I never had a focusing problem when it was mounted on the 5mkll. I find the 75-300 adequate for what I shoot nowadays.

Bidkev

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
I can see why you considering offloading the 40-150.

I think your remaining kit is a good set-up for most applications. Enjoy your kayaking! :)
Thanks Jens but the kayak has gone, now replaced with:

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

JensM

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
As screename
Oh, that is a proper boat, are you running a strictly electrical set-up?

Am keen on something for the waters myself, easiest way out would probably be to get a new skin for my Klepper Aerius II, but have looked at that, via "expedtion" row boats and sailing dinghies to 42` sailing vessels with everything in-between. :)

Bidkev

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Oh, that is a proper boat, are you running a strictly electrical set-up?

Am keen on something for the waters myself, easiest way out would probably be to get a new skin for my Klepper Aerius II, but have looked at that, via "expedtion" row boats and sailing dinghies to 42` sailing vessels with everything in-between. :)

Strictly electrical only on my local freshwater but all freshwater has now been closed due to coronavirus. You're still allowed to go sea fishing "for food" so I have a Yamaha outboard for the saltwater. It's a "working boat" in that I drop redclaw cray pots in the fresh and crab post in the salt so I keep it "bare bones"

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom