1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Double tap delete

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by strang, Jul 30, 2012.

1. strang

strang Mu-43 Veteran

May 7, 2012
    I just discovered this via DPReview forums.

This is awesome. Not quite double tap like the Nikon's but it's close. I really missed the double tap on trash button to delete since switching to m4/3.

Basically after you change this setting, the sequence to delete becomes: trash, ok. As opposed to: trash, up or down arrow, ok.

Maybe one day Olympus would make it easier. For the moment I'm happy I discovered this obscure setting.

• Like Like x 5
  2. biphers

biphers New to Mu-43

Jun 5, 2012
    Southern California, USA
    Nick
    It already is easier. In gear menu H, set Quick Erase to ON. Then in playback, just press delete (TRASH) and viola, image deleted with one button press.
    Cheers!

3. One-touch delete scares the heck out of me!

4. VisualFeast

VisualFeast Mu-43 Regular

Apr 14, 2012
    GSP
    What I did was set the one touch delete to only delete the JPG. This way I still have the RAW just in case. :)

5. strang

strang Mu-43 Veteran

May 7, 2012
    I'm not a big fan of one press delete either. Seems like the accidental bump can happen.

6. sprocket87

sprocket87 Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 29, 2011
    Thanks for the delete-double-tap-tip! (say that five times fast :D)
    I missed that from my Nikon too. Turning it on now!

7. speedandstyle

speedandstyle Mu-43 Hall of Famer

That is a bit better but still not as simple as Nikon's double tap trash. I tried the quick erase but the trash button is far too close to the back button, I know I would hit it accidentally!

8. 0dBm

0dBm Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 30, 2011
    Western United States
    I only delete after I download. Buttons on a camera are for capturing images, not for removing them.

9. Dave in Wales

Dave in Wales Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 5, 2011
    West Wales
    +1