Done!

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by dornblaser, Mar 6, 2015.

1. dornblaser

dornblaser Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 13, 2012
    Chicago-area
    David Dornblaser
    I am finally to the point where I do not need nor want any photographic gear. We have pared down some of the older bodies and kit lenses. I am even over my FF envy. This is a very satisfying feeling. I wonder how long it is going to last? :thumbup:

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
  2. sprocket87

sprocket87 Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 29, 2011
    Hold on while I go find some reviews & sample image links ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. DeeJayK

DeeJayK Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 8, 2011
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    Keith
    Wait, what about that new bag you've got your eye on? :p

It's good to hear that you are (at least momentarily) satisfied. Now, if you have any hope of that feeling lasting, I would strongly recommend that you stay away from this place. Or, if you do visit to limit yourself to the image posting forums. Would that there were a setting that allowed a user to block the gear-oriented aspects of the site.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Lcrunyon

Lcrunyon Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 4, 2014
    Maryland
    Loren
    This must be like attaining Enlightenment or something. Are you glowing, floating in the air in the lotus position and with a serene expression on your face?

• Like Like x 1
  5. dornblaser

Aug 13, 2012
    Chicago-area
    David Dornblaser
    I decided to stick with my current multiple bag collection. I did purchase a nice bag from Chapman Bags for my wife, so GAS satisfied!

Too old for the lotus position so I will just float in air while glowing. :flypig:

6. m43happy

m43happy Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 18, 2012
    I'm pretty much in the same boat, although I would like to change over my GX7 to a 2nd E-M5ii. Lens-wise I feel like I've finally hit my perfect spot until the rumored Olympus f/1.0 primes surface. :eek: <-- I love this smilie. lol

• Like Like x 1
  7. agentlossing

agentlossing Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jun 26, 2013
    Andrew Lossing
    You just got your EM5 ii, right? So your satisfaction is what, two weeks old? ;)

• Like Like x 1
  8. dornblaser

Aug 13, 2012
    Chicago-area
    David Dornblaser
    An f/1.0 17/17.5 with AF would be pre-ordered. :eek:

9. DeeJayK

DeeJayK Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 8, 2011
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    Keith
    Without the lotus position the floating is just sort of creepy. Please stop.

• Funny Funny x 2
  10. davidzvi

davidzvi Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 12, 2012
    Outside Boston MA
    David
    Have to say I feel about the same, done.

I think the only things that I would consider are an m4/3 version of the 4/3 12-60 f/2.8-f/4 or a really nice discount code while a refurbished 12-40 is in stock at Olympus.

• Like Like x 1
  11. nuclearboy

nuclearboy Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 28, 2011
    USA
    I have been there several times.

I just ordered the 100-300mm from a forum member.

Now I am done.....

• Like Like x 1
  12. mario23

mario23 Mu-43 Regular

May 9, 2014
    FL
    I have a 17 1.8, 75 1.8 and a 12-40 2.8 for my E-M10. I really want something wide and am waiting to see how that 7-14 pro will be priced. Problem is the waiting makes me want to buy something now! I don't even know what!!!

• Like Like x 1
  13. dornblaser

Aug 13, 2012
    Chicago-area
    David Dornblaser
    What about the 12? I am guessing that the 7-14 will be priced like the 12-40. Half the time I use my 12 is inside, museums, art galleries, etc.

14. Evan614

Evan614 Mu-43 Regular

May 6, 2014
    BuckeyeState
    Don't worry in about a few weeks withdrawal symptoms will start. :crying: Deep Sweats, then waking up in the middle of the night wondering if a new lens was just announced. :coffee-30: Then post after post of happy buyers.... :hide: Then walking to the local camera shop to look at a lens in the window. :doh: and then the break down :dash2: Opening the door and walking in, to look at the glass :popcorm2: and then the smell will hook you in :daz:and you'll be back into getting another piece of gear. :jedi: WELCOME BACK TO THE DARK SIDE> :drinks:

15. DynaSport

DynaSport Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 5, 2013
    Dan
    I didn't know such a state existed.:hmmm:

16. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    I have been in that state for several months now. Lovely, isn't it?

17. MarkoPolo

MarkoPolo Mu-43 Regular

Jan 25, 2014
    Greeley, CO
    Mark Brown
    I know it really never ends, especially as camera bodies improve, but when I get the new 300 mm f/4 Pro lens, I will be pretty darn close :)

• Like Like x 1
  18. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    I forgot, I think I need that one too :dash2::boohoo::rofl: