Domke or Crumpler?

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by GeBathan, Mar 13, 2013.

1. GeBathan

GeBathan Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 11, 2012
    Los Angeles CA
    Gerard
    Two choices are Domke F-803 slightly used for $50 and Crumpler 5 million brand new for $55.Im going to LEGOLAND this weekend with my family and I don't have any bag to carry my stuff (G5 with 14mm + 45-200mm) and maybe some of my daughter's little things.suggestions are highly appreciated!!!

2. davidzvi

davidzvi Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 12, 2012
    Outside Boston MA
    David
    Both bags are bigger than the gear you are looking to carry.
    But between the two I would say the Crumpler is better padded where the Domke has more configuration options to hold your "daughter's little things"

• Like Like x 1
  3. GeBathan

Dec 11, 2012
    Los Angeles CA
    Gerard
    Actually i forgot to mention the 14-45mm and maybe a Tablet :)

4. David A

David A Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 30, 2011
    Brisbane, Australia
    The Crumpler is no good for a Tablet. No pocket to hold it.

• Like Like x 1
  5. davidzvi

davidzvi Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 12, 2012
    Outside Boston MA
    David
    What he said, not Tab pocket. Look at the Lowepro event messenger 150. It has a tab pocket.

6. akhyar

akhyar Mu-43 Rookie

Jul 16, 2012
    The Crumpler 5MDH is too big to hold all your gear listed and it has no dedicated pocket to store your tablet. I also don't like the separator for the new Crumpler. Still prefer the separator of the old Crumpler, more padding.

7. GeBathan

Dec 11, 2012
    Los Angeles CA
    Gerard
    I won't be bringing the tablet every time anyways. Price wise,which one is a better deal?
    Slightly Used Domke F-803 = $50
    Brand New Crumpler 5MDH = $55

Also overall use,protection etc. is also a +

8. milez

milez Mu-43 Regular

Dec 25, 2012
    Singapore
    I have been using the Domeke F803 for about 8 months, and loving it. Wouldnt swap it for other bag except for ONA Brixton

9. davidzvi

davidzvi Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 12, 2012
    Outside Boston MA
    David
    Then back to what I said originally, protection Crumpler, versatility Domke. Remember if you are buying new the Domke on comes standard with the one insert. You'll probably want more. And with the Domke you can take the inserts out and have a nice messenger too.

• Like Like x 1
  10. taz98spin

taz98spin Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 13, 2011
    NYC
    Crumpler also comes with inserts that you can take out and configure as you wish.

11. davidzvi

davidzvi Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 12, 2012
    Outside Boston MA
    David
    Yes but that particular Domke the entire insert comes out, sides and bottom so it becomes a bigger non padded bag. The padding inserts of the Crumpler come out, but not the sides/bottom of the 5 Million. I believe they have others that do though.

12. GeBathan

Dec 11, 2012
    Los Angeles CA
    Gerard
    Thanks all, I've decided to go with the Crumpler,the seller of the Domke sent me pictures of the bag and it looks kinda beat up already,and not worth spending $ on it.