1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Domke F6 Question

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by emptysensor, Sep 13, 2013.

1. emptysensor

emptysensor Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 8, 2011
    Virginia
    Joe
    I've been seriously considering getting an F6 but some of the things I've read make it sound like there is no padding at all on the bottom. Does anyone know if the bottom is just canvas on both sides or is there some kind of bottom board or padding of some type sewn in? Thanks.

2. Subsonic

Subsonic Mu-43 Regular

Aug 24, 2013
    Chicagoland
    Chris
    Domke F-6

I just bought one a couple weeks ago and it did indeed come with some padding on the bottom. Not a ton, but enough to ease my concerns.

Nice bag, fits plenty of m4/3 gear, very happy with it.

• Like Like x 1
  3. PatrickVA

PatrickVA Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 31, 2012
    Central Virginia
    I like my F-6, it's perfect for when I bring everything (body, five lenses, flash, accessories). I have the Ruggedwear version. The bag itself is only padded on the bottom, but it comes with a four-section insert that is padded on the sides. This velcros in place - I use it in the middle and have enough room on either side for a water bottle, Gorillapod or other stuff.

• Like Like x 1
  4. emptysensor

emptysensor Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 8, 2011
    Virginia
    Joe
    I just got an F5XB in ruggedwear that I like but some of the wax does seem to come off (not enough to be a big deal). For some reason I seem to like the F-6 in sand, so if I get one it'll probably be that color. Thanks for the help.

5. PatrickVA

PatrickVA Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 31, 2012
    Central Virginia
    Let me know if you want to see something specific - I can take a quick photo if it'll help.

• Like Like x 1
  6. sabesh

sabesh Mu-43 Veteran

I have a ballistic nylon version. It repels water better than the canvas version. Cheers.

• Like Like x 1
  7. gochugogi

gochugogi Mu-43 Veteran

I had a Domke F-5XZ Shoulder Bag in Waxwear finish. I liked the rustic vintage look but, after a few days, the Waxwear was making a terrible mess of my clothing and was sticky to the touch. I live in the humid tropics and I suspect it would do better in cold climates. I returned it to Amazon and bought a plain canvas version. Not as vintage looking but cleaner and more practical.

• Like Like x 2