1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Domestic or international G6

Discussion in 'This or That? (MFT only)' started by ThomD, Jul 10, 2013.

1. ThomD

ThomD Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 1, 2013
    SF Bay Area
    The G6 doesn't appear to be in stock at any of the usual suspects in the US, but I see that Amazon.co.uk has it. Body-only ends up being cheaper than the US version (I don't think I need another kit lens).

I'm heading for a vacation at the end of the month and I'd really like to get the new camera before then.

If I buy from the UK I give up a US warranty and would probably need to buy a pulg adapter (short term) or charger (long term). Does anyone want to guess if the US channel will fill up before July 24th?

2. brianb032

brianb032 Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 10, 2011
    N.Carolina
    Don't know, but you can grab one off eBay with the lens for around $810 with the 14-42 II via a US dealer. The body cost 550 GBP on Amazon UK. That's roughly $835; excluding shipping costs.

3. ThomD

ThomD Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 1, 2013
    SF Bay Area
    Ah, but that 550 GBP is with VAT. So the actual price works out to "only" 458 GBP. Not sure what that will work out to in the Land of the Free after the credit card company gives me their conversion rate.

I did discover that the Amazon app for my tablet lets me switch country very easily.

Anyway, I'm still in a holding pattern. Maybe I'll buy a new lens instead.:smile: