1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Does Olympus make a tilting preview display?

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Phoropter, May 21, 2012.

1. Phoropter

Phoropter Mu-43 Rookie

Apr 21, 2012
    I have a Panasonic GH1 that I use for medical photography. I have found that the tilting display is invaluable for keeping the camera in line with the subject and previewing the picture simultaneously. I don't really use the eye level finder.

I am building a second camera system and wonder if there is a smaller back available with the tilting display? Do any Olympus models of the micro 4/3 bodies have this feature?

Here is my camera set up on the medical equipment.
    [​IMG]
    Thanks

2. crsnydertx

crsnydertx Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 31, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Chuck
    If tilting up and down is adequate for your purposes, there are two Olympus models to consider: E-PL3 and OM-D/EM-5. If you need articulating screen like GH models, a smaller, higher-resolution model is the Panasonic G3.

3. pxpaulx

pxpaulx Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 19, 2010
    Midwest
    Paul
    Keep in mind that if you're using older manual equipment Olympus will offer you in body image stabilization as well.

The E-PL3 can be purchased with the kit lens refurbished from Cameta Camera for $479, you can always sell the kit lens for around $100 as well if you're on a budget (actually they also have the E-pl3 in a kit with the 17mm f2.8 lens, would sell for about $150 and they are both the same price of $479). Not sure of the going rate for the G3 currently, though a quick look at ebay indicates it is slightly above the refurbished E-pl3.

4. f6cvalkyrie

f6cvalkyrie Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 12, 2010
    Brussels, Belgium
    That's a great setup, may I ask what you are photographing with that ????

BTW, crsnydertx's and pxpaulx's answers are correct !

C U
    Rafael

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.