Does Olympus make a tilting preview display?

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Phoropter, May 21, 2012.

1. Phoropter

Phoropter Mu-43 Rookie

Apr 21, 2012
    I have a Panasonic GH1 that I use for medical photography. I have found that the tilting display is invaluable for keeping the camera in line with the subject and previewing the picture simultaneously. I don't really use the eye level finder.

I am building a second camera system and wonder if there is a smaller back available with the tilting display? Do any Olympus models of the micro 4/3 bodies have this feature?

Here is my camera set up on the medical equipment.
  2. crsnydertx

crsnydertx Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 31, 2010
    Houston, TX
    If tilting up and down is adequate for your purposes, there are two Olympus models to consider: E-PL3 and OM-D/EM-5. If you need articulating screen like GH models, a smaller, higher-resolution model is the Panasonic G3.
  3. pxpaulx

pxpaulx Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 19, 2010
    Keep in mind that if you're using older manual equipment Olympus will offer you in body image stabilization as well.

The E-PL3 can be purchased with the kit lens refurbished from Cameta Camera for $479, you can always sell the kit lens for around $100 as well if you're on a budget (actually they also have the E-pl3 in a kit with the 17mm f2.8 lens, would sell for about $150 and they are both the same price of $479). Not sure of the going rate for the G3 currently, though a quick look at ebay indicates it is slightly above the refurbished E-pl3.
  4. f6cvalkyrie

f6cvalkyrie Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 12, 2010
    Brussels, Belgium
    That's a great setup, may I ask what you are photographing with that ????

BTW, crsnydertx's and pxpaulx's answers are correct !

C U