Does GH2 with 3D lens NOT support 3D video?

Herman

Mu-43 All-Pro
Not sure yet about that, but it may NOT do 3D video.:eek:
Seems that you can only take 3D pictures.

The 3D pictures taken are only 2MP !?:eek:

The new Fuji 3D camera has better specs at (very) low price! :thumbup:

stinky_shirt

New to Mu-43
yes, I've seen someone done it, by fooling the camera to think that it use a normal lens. He even upload his work in youtube and it is supported using ol skool red/cyan configuration :wink:

[ame=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUIJE3T-WCc]YouTube - LUMIX GH2 3D Movie Test w/ LUMIX G 12.5mm/F12 (Edited)[/ame]

-Azim

MegaPixelTravel

Mu-43 Regular
Yeah, tape or paper over the sensor is what I'm told works very well. Which is silly of Panasonic to make a 3D lens then say its only for pictures.

So how do you convert this into 3D?

traveltrader

New to Mu-43
Yeah, tape or paper over the sensor is what I'm told works very well. Which is silly of Panasonic to make a 3D lens then say its only for pictures.

So how do you convert this into 3D?
It's marketing. The 3D lens is the same lens that's used on the 3D Camcorder. So they wrote the firmware to prevent it taking video's on the GH2 so that people would be forced to buy the 3D camcorder. Stuff like this never works out as the company intended.

MegaPixelTravel

Mu-43 Regular
Yeah I ment more once you have taken the video and have the AVDHD file, how do you convert that into the Red/Blue Shift 3D video?

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom