1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Does GF1 lack continuous focusing during video shooting?

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by New Daddy, Jun 23, 2012.

1. New Daddy

New Daddy Mu-43 Regular

Jan 24, 2011
    Is the lack of continuous focusing during video shooting true?

Panasonic DMC-GF3 vs DMC-GF1 - Our Analysis

I have GF1 but I think it tries to get focus continuously during video shooting, although it's very slow.

2. The Minimalist

The Minimalist Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 19, 2011
    Which lens are you using?

3. New Daddy

New Daddy Mu-43 Regular

Jan 24, 2011
    I have quite a few m4/3 native lenses. I have both lenses that can do AF-C for still (e.g., 14-42mm) and lenses that can't (20mm/1.7, 45mm/1.8).

But my GF1 manual says that lenses that can't do AF-C for still shots can still do continuous AF for video. As a matter of fact, the manual says the default mode is AF-C, not AF-C, for video.

• Like Like x 1
  4. The Minimalist

The Minimalist Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 19, 2011
    I've just had a go and my results mirrors yours, however there is a difference between the 20mm/1.7 and 45mm/1.8 and that with the 45mm, you can half press the shutter and that can speed up focusing, but it does hunt. I could not do that with the 20mm lens. You can also manual focus the 45mm by half pressing the shutter as well.
    I tried the 100-300mm lens, but that was slower than slow for focusing. The best out of the lot was the 14mm/2.5. That was fast at focusing.
    I looked at the link and have to say they have got it wrong on this occaision.