Does EM-10 have shutter shock issues?

drd1135

Zen Snapshooter
Real Name
Steve
I'm asking because the E-PL7 apparently has the innards of the EM-10 which includes the 3 axis IBIS. I found the shutter shock micro blurring to be an annoyance with the E-PL5. Reducing this problem would be a significant improvement for the E-PLx to my thinking.

drd1135

Zen Snapshooter
Real Name
Steve
Thanks. That answers my question. I had looked on the US site but couldn't specifically see the 0 sec. antishock listed in the FW update. It only said something about improving video shooting.

Klorenzo

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Lorenzo
I never experienced shutter shock with the EM-10 but maybe I never used the right lens/shutter speed combination.

BTW is there any reason not to keep the 0s anti-shock on all the time? Maybe something like shutter-lag, battery life, stuff like that?

I never experienced shutter shock with the EM-10 but maybe I never used the right lens/shutter speed combination.

BTW is there any reason not to keep the 0s anti-shock on all the time? Maybe something like shutter-lag, battery life, stuff like that?

I keep mine there unless it's on multi-frame. Too many settings for me to remember, so I try to keep it simple.

Swandy

Mu-43 Veteran
Klorenzo - I am like Harvey - leave it on all the time unless using the multiple shot modes which turns it off anyway.

drd1135 - I also was never sure about the shutter shock with my EM10 but did do the update and while I am still not sure, some shots (when examined at 100%) do seem a slight bit sharper.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom