Does EM-10 have shutter shock issues?

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by drd1135, Jul 30, 2014.

1. drd1135

drd1135 Zen Snapshooter

Mar 17, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Steve
    I'm asking because the E-PL7 apparently has the innards of the EM-10 which includes the 3 axis IBIS. I found the shutter shock micro blurring to be an annoyance with the E-PL5. Reducing this problem would be a significant improvement for the E-PLx to my thinking.

2. pdk42

pdk42 One of the "Eh?" team

Jan 11, 2013
    Leamington Spa, UK
    I think the E-M10 has the EFCS fix (0s anti-shock) firmware fix doesn't it? That's a very effective fix on the E-P5 and E-M1.

3. drd1135

drd1135 Zen Snapshooter

Mar 17, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Steve
    That's what I was wondering. That fix alone would be a real improvement to the EPL5.

4. DL Photo

DL Photo Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 15, 2012
    Richmond, BC, Canada
    Dave
    • Like Like x 1
  5. drd1135

drd1135 Zen Snapshooter

Mar 17, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Steve
    Thanks. That answers my question. I had looked on the US site but couldn't specifically see the 0 sec. antishock listed in the FW update. It only said something about improving video shooting.

6. Klorenzo

Klorenzo Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 10, 2014
    Lorenzo
    I never experienced shutter shock with the EM-10 but maybe I never used the right lens/shutter speed combination.

BTW is there any reason not to keep the 0s anti-shock on all the time? Maybe something like shutter-lag, battery life, stuff like that?

7. Harvey Melvin Richards

Harvey Melvin Richards Photo Posting Junkie

Feb 15, 2014
    Southwest Utah
    I keep mine there unless it's on multi-frame. Too many settings for me to remember, so I try to keep it simple.

8. Swandy

Swandy Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 15, 2009
    Klorenzo - I am like Harvey - leave it on all the time unless using the multiple shot modes which turns it off anyway.

drd1135 - I also was never sure about the shutter shock with my EM10 but did do the update and while I am still not sure, some shots (when examined at 100%) do seem a slight bit sharper.