Does appearance of the camera affect your desire to do more?

RevBob

Super Moderator
Real Name
Bob
Appearance definitely matters to me. I love the look of the E-Px series and I really dislike the standard DSLR look. Retro appeals to me. That being said - if Panasonic had better ibis than Olympus I would take a very serious look at that camera, even if it had the DSLR profile. Happily, the E-Px series has most everything I want in a camera.

yorik

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Yonatan
For me it is more how it feels in the hand than how it looks, but both have an effect on how much I want to use it. The nice thing is that these days, so many different cameras have such excellent IQ, that we have the luxury of being able to pick the one with which we `bond' the most.

tyrphoto

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
ㅇtㅈyㅅr
For me it's about ergonomics, haptics and image quality. Otherwise I would have bought the EM5 over the EM1 since I think the EM5 looks prettier than the EM1. In use, the EM1is the superior camera and is packed in my daily bag along with my Ricoh GR Digital III.

Sent from my SHV-E300S using Tapatalk

val

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
William
It's why I bought the 25mm f1.4 because with my black GX7 it just makes me want to use it all the time

Ellsass

Mu-43 Regular
My white & beige EPM2 looks like a cheap toy and that’s part of the reason why I haven’t yet decided to keep it or sell it. My black GF5, on the other hand, looks and feels like a camera and I love just walking around with it in my hand. I want to quickly hide the EPM2 away in my bag as soon as I get a shot — I suppose that’s what you get for going for the cheapo $199 deal.

homerusan

Mu-43 Regular
So, there is a question. Whether the appearance of the camera affect your desire to do more photos and to take it with you more often? :)

I found, that then i had Oly E-M5 I wanted to get it with me everywhere, but had to sell it. Now i have Panny GX1, and it has great IQ too, but the feel of it does not satisfy me and I don't carry it with me sometimes.
is it? hmm.. i will prefer to use x100 body with 1" old senser tech inside rather then D800E technology in pentax k01 body.. and i believe myself that, i got better shots with that x100, soo for me yes appearance has an effect in good way for me ^^

taz98spin

Mu-43 Top Veteran
My white & beige EPM2 looks like a cheap toy and that’s part of the reason why I haven’t yet decided to keep it or sell it. My black GF5, on the other hand, looks and feels like a camera and I love just walking around with it in my hand. I want to quickly hide the EPM2 away in my bag as soon as I get a shot — I suppose that’s what you get for going for the cheapo $199 deal.
I too had the White E-PM2 and a white E-PL2, but I never thought they looked like toys.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom