1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Does anyone want a brand new Japan-only E-M5 + 12-40 PRO kit?

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by LowriderS10, Jun 7, 2014.

1. LowriderS10

LowriderS10 Monkey with a camera.

May 19, 2013
    Canada
    Right off the bat disclaimer: I STAND TO MAKE ABSOLUTELY NO MONEY ON THIS, I'M SIMPLY TRYING TO HELP OUT.

Hello all,

So, I just came back from Japan, where I saw the beaaaaaauuuuuuuuuuuuuutiful OM-D E-M5 PRO KIT ( leather-like grip, redesigned dials - feel much nicer -, and slightly different, scratch-resistant paint - like pro DSLRs, not like the cheap-looking gloss black on the OM-D) and the 12-40 f2.8 in all black.

http://www.olympus.co.uk/site/en/c/cameras/om_d_system_cameras/om_d/e_m5/

And here's the thing...it was crazy cheap...around $1,250 USD, thanks to a perfect storm of reductions, and it ONLY applies if you are a non-Japanese citizen/non-permanent resident. You have to be a tourist and buy it in person (The kit is on sale by 10%, plus there's an 8% discount for foreigners - this is a national law, basically you get the sales tax off -, and a 5% discount if you use a certain type of credit card - which I happen to have - IN THE STORE). You can't order it from the store, and even if you could, it would be full price (since you don't get the tax break or the in-store credit card discount), which was somewhere around $1,500.

I live in South Korea, but flying to Japan is cheap and easy. I love Japan, and will happily make the trip. So...I thought I'd throw this offer out there...if you want one of these ultra-limited, few-markets-only beauties at what appears to be the best price on the planet...shoot me a PM. I could have it at your door for about $1,500 (depending on the exchange rate/shipping). I want to make absolutely NO MONEY on this...I merely want my travel costs and shipping reimbursed, if you want, I'll provide you with receipts for everything. I JUST WANT TO HELP OUT because I love this board and people have helped me a ton. It's my turn to give back...I got really excited about the camera, and I'm sure I'm not the only one! This is a very rare camera that won't be around for long...I'm very, very tempted to get one myself, but I just can't fall in love with the 12-40.

If you want one...shoot me a message and we can work out the details!

Happy clicking, everyone! :)

T

• Like Like x 3
  2. letsgofishing

letsgofishing Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 21, 2012
    South Africa
    Mike Kaplan
    That's very generous of you Lowrider - I'm sure some lucky forum member will take you up on this...

• Like Like x 1
  3. Jonathan F/2

Jonathan F/2 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 10, 2011
    Los Angeles, CA
    That looks nice!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Vivalo

Vivalo Olympus Loser

Nov 16, 2010
    Finland
    Not Japan only but I can confirm it is a beauty and that is a very good price! I paid for that kit here in Finland 1400 euros which is even more in dollars.

5. LowriderS10

LowriderS10 Monkey with a camera.

May 19, 2013
    Canada
    Thanks, I hope so too...I`m still toying with the idea of picking one up for myself. :)

It looks/feels even nicer in person. I love my E-M5, but never really liked how the cheap plastic grip feels...the PRO feels the way a camera should! :)

You're absolutely right, it's not Japan-only...initially I thought it was (that's what some sources said when it was released), but then I edited the thread, but I can't edit the thread title. I apologize for the inaccuracy and thanks for clearing it up. :)

And yeah, 1,400 Euros would be about $1,910 USD, plus shipping to the States, so almost $2,000!!