Does anyone want a brand new Japan-only E-M5 + 12-40 PRO kit?

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by LowriderS10, Jun 7, 2014.

1. LowriderS10

LowriderS10 Monkey with a camera.

May 19, 2013
    Canada
    Right off the bat disclaimer: I STAND TO MAKE ABSOLUTELY NO MONEY ON THIS, I'M SIMPLY TRYING TO HELP OUT.

Hello all,

So, I just came back from Japan, where I saw the beaaaaaauuuuuuuuuuuuuutiful OM-D E-M5 PRO KIT ( leather-like grip, redesigned dials - feel much nicer -, and slightly different, scratch-resistant paint - like pro DSLRs, not like the cheap-looking gloss black on the OM-D) and the 12-40 f2.8 in all black.

http://www.olympus.co.uk/site/en/c/cameras/om_d_system_cameras/om_d/e_m5/

And here's the thing...it was crazy cheap...around $1,250 USD, thanks to a perfect storm of reductions, and it ONLY applies if you are a non-Japanese citizen/non-permanent resident. You have to be a tourist and buy it in person (The kit is on sale by 10%, plus there's an 8% discount for foreigners - this is a national law, basically you get the sales tax off -, and a 5% discount if you use a certain type of credit card - which I happen to have - IN THE STORE). You can't order it from the store, and even if you could, it would be full price (since you don't get the tax break or the in-store credit card discount), which was somewhere around $1,500.

I live in South Korea, but flying to Japan is cheap and easy. I love Japan, and will happily make the trip. So...I thought I'd throw this offer out there...if you want one of these ultra-limited, few-markets-only beauties at what appears to be the best price on the planet...shoot me a PM. I could have it at your door for about $1,500 (depending on the exchange rate/shipping). I want to make absolutely NO MONEY on this...I merely want my travel costs and shipping reimbursed, if you want, I'll provide you with receipts for everything. I JUST WANT TO HELP OUT because I love this board and people have helped me a ton. It's my turn to give back...I got really excited about the camera, and I'm sure I'm not the only one! This is a very rare camera that won't be around for long...I'm very, very tempted to get one myself, but I just can't fall in love with the 12-40.

If you want one...shoot me a message and we can work out the details!

Happy clicking, everyone! :) 

T

• Like Like x 3
  2. letsgofishing

letsgofishing Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 21, 2012
    South Africa
    Mike Kaplan
    That's very generous of you Lowrider - I'm sure some lucky forum member will take you up on this...

• Like Like x 1
  3. Jonathan F/2

Jonathan F/2 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 10, 2011
    Los Angeles, USA
    That looks nice!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Vivalo

Vivalo Olympus loser Subscribing Member

Nov 16, 2010
    Not Japan only but I can confirm it is a beauty and that is a very good price! I paid for that kit here in Finland 1400 euros which is even more in dollars.

5. LowriderS10

LowriderS10 Monkey with a camera.

May 19, 2013
    Canada
    Thanks, I hope so too...I`m still toying with the idea of picking one up for myself. :) 

It looks/feels even nicer in person. I love my E-M5, but never really liked how the cheap plastic grip feels...the PRO feels the way a camera should! :) 

You're absolutely right, it's not Japan-only...initially I thought it was (that's what some sources said when it was released), but then I edited the thread, but I can't edit the thread title. I apologize for the inaccuracy and thanks for clearing it up. :) 

And yeah, 1,400 Euros would be about $1,910 USD, plus shipping to the States, so almost $2,000!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.