Does anyone use the Metz 44 AF-1?

Discussion in 'Lighting Forum' started by So Thankful, Nov 11, 2015.

1. So Thankful

So Thankful Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 9, 2015
    Midwest
    I was going to get a 600r but after reading the reviews on it I have decided to look at other options.
    I have looked into Metz but am not sure if it will work off camera controlled by the camera.
    Can anyone confirm if it does?

2. DekHog

DekHog Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 3, 2011
    Scotland
    I had two of them, and they certainly do work off-camera but controlled by the camera..... quite nicely made and reliable. The TTL tends to underexpose a bit with them, so dialling in some + compensation was normally required.

• Like Like x 1
  3. TomServo

TomServo Mu-43 Regular Subscribing Member

Apr 22, 2014
    Nashville, TN
    Brandon Jackson
    +1 on this. I have one and it works well and as DekHog says, it does tend to underexpose for me too when used on my EM-1 and GX-7 I use at work.

4. MrPhotoBob

MrPhotoBob Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 16, 2012
    I have 2 Metz 58 AF-2, and they both work perfect with no problem with under exposing. I just happened to walk into a camera store and they had them marked down to $200.00 for one and $175.00 for the second because they were new, but the boxes that they were in were torn up and one flash was missing the manual and stand. I was looking to purchase the Metz 64 AF-1.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.