Does anyone use instagram? Follow chain?

TwoWheels

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Evan
I have an instagram account, but haven't really used it because there doesn't really seem to be an efficient way to get real photos (ones not taken with a phone) into instagram. What's the best way to do that?

WendyK

Super Moderator
Real Name
Wendy
I have an instagram account, but haven't really used it because there doesn't really seem to be an efficient way to get real photos (ones not taken with a phone) into instagram. What's the best way to do that?

Well, the way I do it as a Mac user is to import web sized JPGs of my best photos into my Mac's Photos app, which instantly puts them into my iCloud photo stream. Then they are easily accessed from my iOS devices for posting on Instagram, emailing/texting/showing to people from a mobile device, etc.. For non Apple users, I would imagine you might be able to do something similar with Dropbox or other cloud services like Google Photos or Amazon's cloud photo service, but I haven't tried.

I'm @wnkremer on Instagram (mostly garden pictures, flower and insect macros, etc.)

Phocal

God

I use several methods.............

Sometimes I use the Oly app to get the photo to my phone and then edit via SnapSeed and post to IG. Or I edit in LR on my computer and I have a preset for outputting photos to a folder on my dropbox account, from dropbox it's easy getting on phone to IG.

stephography

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Stephan

I usually use the Olympus image share app to download it directly to my phone and edit it using Polarr, Photoshop Express or VSCO.

tyrphoto

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
ㅇtㅈyㅅr
I use Instagram but not a lot due to the square crop.

I prefer EyeEm and upload on a regular basis as well as browse images from other photographers on a daily basis.

ex machina

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
I'm an avid Instagram user but only post pics taken with and edited on my smartphone. I feel sites like Flickr et al are more appropriate for my m43 photography; using the IG community for non-smartphone shots feels like cheating, and I'm often annoyed by crops. Also, get off my lawn! ;)

In case anyone is still interested: https://instagram.com/lewisfrancis/

ean10775

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Eric

A camera with WiFi - Since moving to a GX7 and an X100T I rarely shoot RAW anymore, tend to edit JPEGS in VSCO Cam or Snapseed on my iPhone or iPad and post to Flickr, Facebook or Instagram from there. In all honesty, its been very liberating. I tend to only shoot RAW and edit in LR for planned shoots/paid work.

shaolinmonk

Mu-43 Veteran
follow me!!!

here's my workflow, take pics, send to lightroom, send to flickr or to iPhone (through wifi) then upload to instagram

sometimes if i want something right away.. i wifi to phone to edit with in iPhone...(VSCO, snapseed, etc..)

Real Name
Andrew L
The VSCO grid pleases me so much more than Instagram - and now you can curate your own collections. I've completely abandoned Instagram because so much of it is "lifestyle" advertisements disguised as photography!

Latest threads

Top Bottom