Does anyone use instagram? Follow chain?

mumu

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Doady, this forum is a far better place than Instagram for that purpose (same as mine, more or less). Just IMHO.
In my opinion only, I'm finding the people I follow on Instagram to have quite inspiring photos. More so than here, probably because there's a much larger population to choose from on Instagram so a larger absolute number of great photographers.

John King

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
John ...
In my opinion only, I'm finding the people I follow on Instagram to have quite inspiring photos. More so than here, probably because there's a much larger population to choose from on Instagram so a larger absolute number of great photographers.
I agree that some do.

I stopped being very active on Instagram when they stopped using strict chronological order, probably so they could fit more advertisements in. The constant bombardment of strangers to follow also gave me the sh!ts ...

The image quality of Instagram seems to be targetted at small devices. Even on my 10" tablet it gets pretty flaky at times.

mumu

Mu-43 Top Veteran
I agree that some do.

I stopped being very active on Instagram when they stopped using strict chronological order, probably so they could fit more advertisements in. The constant bombardment of strangers to follow also gave me the sh!ts ...

The image quality of Instagram seems to be targetted at small devices. Even on my 10" tablet it gets pretty flaky at times.
The small size (and orientation) does mean that some compositions work better than others, too.

doady

Mu-43 Veteran
People here mostly post one image at a time in existing threads together with maybe hundreds other users, and I like to look at photos as part of a series. With Instagram I can easily check out a photographer's work all together as a whole, and maybe they even take care to arrange them or order them in a certain way, in a certain context. The way photos are presented is half the fun of photography, right? Printing, framing, books, etc. In terms of presentation, one thing that annoys me about Instagram is the 4:5 crop forced upon vertically-oriented photos. Maybe it's just me, but I rarely ever crop my photos to begin with, and I wouldn't crop my photos just to print at 11x14 or 16x20 inches either. And of course I am m4/3 user, my photos are only 4:3, so cropping not as severe as for the 3:2 photos that most other people take.

Erich_H

Mu-43 All-Pro
Eastern Denmark (annexed in 1658 by Sweden)
Real Name
Erik
I agree that some do.

John, try this:
Search on IG: kismet_katt

Pluttis

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Peter
Friends and relatives have been nagging me for a long time that I should have an IG account for just my photography so they can follow me and see some of all the pictures I create.

The IG account has just been created and there is just one picture uploaded at the moment but i will upload new pictures continuously.

Peter Thållen (@331pix) • Instagram photos and videos

DGoakill

Mu-43 Regular
I find myself spending less and less time on Instagram and instead spending more time on Flickr. Flickr needs some work, but at it's core, I believe it's far better than Instagram. I've found more genuine and serious interactions on Flickr. Instagram is a lot of "content" but not necessarily photography.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom