1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Does anyone use instagram? Follow chain?

Discussion in 'Mu-43 Member Activities, Meetups, and Hangouts' started by cyrax83, Jun 18, 2015.

1. cyrax83

cyrax83 Mu-43 Regular

Dec 8, 2014
    Hi, I'd love to know if you guys use Instagram and perhaps we can start a follow chain. I'd love to follow and see more M43 pictures from you guys!

I'll start

https://instagram.com/iamadwin/

Last edited: Jun 18, 2015
  2. sesser

sesser Zen Master

Mar 10, 2015
    Portland, OR
    randy
  3. stephography

stephography Mu-43 Regular

Sep 12, 2012
    Los Angeles, CA
    Stephan
  4. TwoWheels

TwoWheels Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 28, 2014
    British Columbia
    Evan
    I have an instagram account, but haven't really used it because there doesn't really seem to be an efficient way to get real photos (ones not taken with a phone) into instagram. What's the best way to do that?

5. WendyK

WendyK Super Moderator

Feb 28, 2014
    Northern Virginia
    Wendy
    Well, the way I do it as a Mac user is to import web sized JPGs of my best photos into my Mac's Photos app, which instantly puts them into my iCloud photo stream. Then they are easily accessed from my iOS devices for posting on Instagram, emailing/texting/showing to people from a mobile device, etc.. For non Apple users, I would imagine you might be able to do something similar with Dropbox or other cloud services like Google Photos or Amazon's cloud photo service, but I haven't tried.

I'm @wnkremer on Instagram (mostly garden pictures, flower and insect macros, etc.)

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. Phocal

Phocal Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jan 3, 2014

I use several methods.............

Sometimes I use the Oly app to get the photo to my phone and then edit via SnapSeed and post to IG. Or I edit in LR on my computer and I have a preset for outputting photos to a folder on my dropbox account, from dropbox it's easy getting on phone to IG.

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. Phocal

Phocal Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jan 3, 2014
  8. stephography

stephography Mu-43 Regular

Sep 12, 2012
    Los Angeles, CA
    Stephan
    I usually use the Olympus image share app to download it directly to my phone and edit it using Polarr, Photoshop Express or VSCO.

9. TonyZhang

TonyZhang Mu-43 Regular

Jul 8, 2014
    New Zealand
    https://instagram.com/tzhangdox

I scroll through my feed numerous times each day but for some reason always forget to post regularly, wish you could upload from desktop.

10. esnift

esnift Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 17, 2013
    Boston, MA
    Dan
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2016
  11. tyrphoto

tyrphoto Mu-43 All-Pro

May 25, 2014
    Seoul | NYC
    ㅇtㅈyㅅr
    I use Instagram but not a lot due to the square crop.

I prefer EyeEm and upload on a regular basis as well as browse images from other photographers on a daily basis.

12. ex machina

ex machina Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 3, 2014
    Northern Virgnia
    I'm an avid Instagram user but only post pics taken with and edited on my smartphone. I feel sites like Flickr et al are more appropriate for my m43 photography; using the IG community for non-smartphone shots feels like cheating, and I'm often annoyed by crops. Also, get off my lawn! ;)

In case anyone is still interested: https://instagram.com/lewisfrancis/

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. ean10775

ean10775 Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 31, 2011
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Eric
    A camera with WiFi - Since moving to a GX7 and an X100T I rarely shoot RAW anymore, tend to edit JPEGS in VSCO Cam or Snapseed on my iPhone or iPad and post to Flickr, Facebook or Instagram from there. In all honesty, its been very liberating. I tend to only shoot RAW and edit in LR for planned shoots/paid work.

14. shaolinmonk

shaolinmonk Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 31, 2013
    Toronto Canada
    follow me!!!

here's my workflow, take pics, send to lightroom, send to flickr or to iPhone (through wifi) then upload to instagram

sometimes if i want something right away.. i wifi to phone to edit with in iPhone...(VSCO, snapseed, etc..)

15. fransglans

fransglans Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 12, 2012
    Sweden
    gus
    i love IG! it made me to an 1:1 shooter.
    instagram.com/gustavglans

16. agentlossing

agentlossing Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jun 26, 2013
    Andrew Lossing
    The VSCO grid pleases me so much more than Instagram - and now you can curate your own collections. I've completely abandoned Instagram because so much of it is "lifestyle" advertisements disguised as photography!

17. Chazworth

Chazworth Mu-43 Rookie

Oct 12, 2012
    Colorado (USA)
    Charlie