1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Does anyone know where to get this case?

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by yottavirus, Aug 30, 2011.

1. yottavirus

yottavirus Mu-43 Regular

Aug 13, 2011
    [​IMG]

The brown leather really flatters lighter coloured bodies, and looks like it'd attract many hip, cute, and artsy girls, which is also a bonus.

Slightly off topic, but is there much difference between the GF2 and E-PL2? I've just been deprived of the former after only 10 minutes and have no idea when the latter will arrive, and have a 20/1.7 sitting bored. The gf2's screen looks absolutely crap, but otherwise from what I've read, their sensors seem the same and other stuff can't be too different right?

2. kytra

kytra Mu-43 Regular

Feb 28, 2011
    I have one from ebay. Pic is taken with Nokia N8. It is faux leather but holding well, I take it off only to take out the batt/card. Improves a lot the grip. I am sure there are similar ones for Oly.

<table style="width:auto;"><tr><td><a href="https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/wwIJt9e8iWealhblS5WK3RPs26loqhpI5gD3OAj1BSk?feat=embedwebsite">"75" width="144" /></a></td></tr><tr><td style="font-family:arial,sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:right">De la <a href="https://picasaweb.google.com/mireamx/Temps?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCNH5k8ityKDIzgE&feat=embedwebsite">Temps</a></td></tr></table>

3. Luke

Luke Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 30, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    Luke
    there's many to choose from on eBay. Do a search for half case and the camera model.

4. uscrx

uscrx Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 26, 2011
    Shasta Cascade
  5. dixeyk

dixeyk Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 9, 2010
    Why is the GF2 screen crap? I think it's pretty sharp. It's the same resolution as the one on the E-PL2 and judging from my E-PL2 and GF2 sitting side by side I'd be hard pressed to tell which was which without seeing the camera attached. Do you mean as a touch screen? Well...that's another matter. FWIW the touch screen is not bad. It's not a capacitive touch screen like an iPhone but it's pretty good for what it is.

I think the cute artsy girl might be there for the white camera (same effect as the white VW cabriolet).

6. ssgreenley

ssgreenley Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 12, 2011
    Agreed. As the proud owner of a white e-pl2, I can confirm that artsy/hipster chicks dig the white camera. Now if only I could convince them about its owner...

7. dixeyk

dixeyk Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 9, 2010
    :rofl:

• Like Like x 1
  8. John M Flores

John M Flores Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 7, 2011
    Somerville, NJ
    Try wrapping yourself in leather...

9. pharaviel

pharaviel Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 20, 2011
    Reggio Emilia, Italy
    Daniele Frizzi
    Does anyone know where to get this girl?
    The pale skin really flatters darker coloured bodies, and looks like it'd attract many hip, cute, and artsy camera cases, which is also a bonus.

10. uscrx

uscrx Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 26, 2011
    Shasta Cascade
    Of course that's the kinda girls we all want....shallow girls who's attracted to you because of the type of camera cover you use.

:wink:

11. Pen F

Pen F Mu-43 Regular

Jul 21, 2011
    Hey whatever works!!!

12. uscrx

uscrx Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 26, 2011
    Shasta Cascade
    Interesting Avatar,

What FT lenses do you own?

13. Adubo

Adubo SithLord

Nov 4, 2010
    Globetrotter
    Andrew

Sent from my iOS using Mu-43 App

14. RobWatson

RobWatson Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Especially the half leather! Just be certain to get the correct half.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Pen F

Pen F Mu-43 Regular

Jul 21, 2011
    USCRX. Yes I think there kind of similar
    I have 38, 100, 50-90, 25 f4, and 2x telli. I have my eye out for the 40mm would love the 60 or 70 but there out of my range. Sorry to hijack the thred. Chris

16. uscrx

uscrx Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 26, 2011
    Shasta Cascade
    Cool,

I'm going to sell my 25 f4 & 50-90mm. Also one of the FT bodies since I have 2 of em. The last thing I want to do is become a collector and hoard these stuff...and if I'm not going to use them, I should get rid of it.

40mm 1.4 is sweet. And I recently picked up a 25mm f2.8. It's a big lens.

Oh..sorry to hijack the thread.

John

17. yottavirus

yottavirus Mu-43 Regular

Aug 13, 2011
    A ton of diffraction like my friends iphone with a 1 cent screen protector. For something that relies so much on it's screen, I'd expect better, although it IS a resistive screen.

I had a screen protector that seemed to make it better, but my dad ripped it off soon after.

Question has mostly been answered anyway.