1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Does anyone know of a map?

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by GBarrington, Jun 20, 2014.

1. GBarrington

GBarrington Mu-43 Veteran

Sorry for the Duplicate Post. I'm not sure how that occured!

That illustrates levels m43s ownership or use? Or, lacking that, is there a source of information from which a map could be created? I'm thinking of something with some level of detail in it; something with more than mere levels of national/global penetration. For instance, I live in Springfield, Illinois, USA. I would find it interesting to know how my Central Illinois region stacks up in m43s ownership and use compared to, say, South Eastern Pennsylvania.

I don't have any commercial use for this info in mind, just curious. I like maps and such. So I wouldn't be inclined to pay for such information. (I'm not THAT curious! I guess.)

2. jamesgehrt

jamesgehrt Mu-43 Regular

May 20, 2014
    Easthampton, Massachusetts
    James Gehrt
    Sound interesting. Just a wild guess here, you may be able to do something with a Flickr api. That being said, it would depend on how many images were geo tagged. This is beyond my skill set, but if there was a programmer with photo interests, I think it could be done.