Does anyone have experience with the Sony QX10?

Discussion in 'Other Systems' started by LowriderS10, Dec 31, 2015.

1. LowriderS10

LowriderS10 Monkey with a camera.

May 19, 2013
    Hi all,

I've been fairly critical of these standalone lens-camera/smartphone attachment thingies in the past...I don't really see why anyone would carry one instead of just slapping an S100 or similar in their pocket...however...there's a guy selling a minty-mint QX10 for a song where I am.

So...I'm thinking of picking one up just to mess around with it. The reviews on this are fairly lukewarm, I'm really seeing maybe 3/5 or 3.5/5 as the average rating...not great. Are there any QX10 owners here?
    - How well would it work with an older iPhone? (I have a 4S)
    - Is it fun to use? / Do you use it much or is it collecting dust?
    - How annoying is it that there is zero manual control (I'm really mad at Sony for this one)
    - Given that the seller is asking about $60 USD with wiggle room for haggling (I'm hoping to get it down to like $40 USD)...should I get it just to monkey around with it?

Thanks and Happy New Year! :)
  2. hazwing

hazwing Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 25, 2012
    $60USD seems like a really good price $40USD seems like a steal. Less than the cost of a kit lens, you've got nothing really to lose.
  3. LowriderS10

LowriderS10 Monkey with a camera.

May 19, 2013
    Yeah, it's definitely cheap...buuuut I don't like wasting money if it's junk, even 40-60 bucks is too much. Although...I could always just re-sell it for what I bought it for at that price...