1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Does anyone have experience with the Sony QX10?

Discussion in 'Other Systems' started by LowriderS10, Dec 31, 2015.

1. LowriderS10

LowriderS10 Monkey with a camera.

May 19, 2013
    Canada
    Hi all,

I've been fairly critical of these standalone lens-camera/smartphone attachment thingies in the past...I don't really see why anyone would carry one instead of just slapping an S100 or similar in their pocket...however...there's a guy selling a minty-mint QX10 for a song where I am.

So...I'm thinking of picking one up just to mess around with it. The reviews on this are fairly lukewarm, I'm really seeing maybe 3/5 or 3.5/5 as the average rating...not great. Are there any QX10 owners here?
    - How well would it work with an older iPhone? (I have a 4S)
    - Is it fun to use? / Do you use it much or is it collecting dust?
    - How annoying is it that there is zero manual control (I'm really mad at Sony for this one)
    - Given that the seller is asking about $60 USD with wiggle room for haggling (I'm hoping to get it down to like $40 USD)...should I get it just to monkey around with it?

Thanks and Happy New Year! :)

2. hazwing

hazwing Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 25, 2012
    Australia
    $60USD seems like a really good price $40USD seems like a steal. Less than the cost of a kit lens, you've got nothing really to lose.

3. LowriderS10

LowriderS10 Monkey with a camera.

May 19, 2013
    Canada
    Yeah, it's definitely cheap...buuuut I don't like wasting money lol...so if it's junk, even 40-60 bucks is too much. Although...I could always just re-sell it for what I bought it for at that price...