1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Does anyone have a silver OM-D E-M5?

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by britops, Apr 29, 2012.

1. britops

britops Mu-43 Regular

Apr 10, 2012
    Does anyone have a silver OM-D E-M5?
    If so which country are you in?

2. thearne3

thearne3 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 28, 2010
    Redding, CT USA
    I got one from Olympus on April 13th, here in the US. It was the 12-50 kit.

3. Linh

Linh Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 14, 2009
    Maryland, US
    when did you pre-order?

4. usayit

usayit Mu-43 Hall of Famer

I got one locally w/ 12-50kit. April 15th in the US. Northern New Jersey.

5. Jazztrumpet5

Jazztrumpet5 Mu-43 Regular

Apr 20, 2012
    Kansas City
    And from where?

"From Olympus." Sorry, man, just caught that.

6. Lordfshack

Lordfshack Mu-43 Rookie

Jan 18, 2012
    I preordered the silver with the 12-50 from Amazon on feb 8th and haven't heard a word!! I ordered from amazon to avoid any problems like this! I will never preorder from them again!!

7. bitmatt

bitmatt Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 7, 2012
    Cleveland
    Matt
    Yup, kit w/ 12-50. Got it from Dodd Camera in Cleveland, Ohio USA on April 13 (actually came in the 12th). I had originally ordered through Amazon on Feb. 7th, cancelled & ordered locally with Dodd's on Feb. 16th.

8. lowincash

lowincash Mu-43 Regular

Mar 6, 2012
    Los Angeles
    I ordered a silver body only from Precision Cameras on 4/6 and got call they had kit on 4/11 then received the kit on 4/16

9. thearne3

thearne3 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 28, 2010
    Redding, CT USA
    February 7th! (If memory serves...whatever the first day was...)

10. britops

britops Mu-43 Regular

Apr 10, 2012
    Silver or black lens?

11. bitmatt

bitmatt Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 7, 2012
    Cleveland
    Matt
    Black lens. Silver was not an option (I would have chosen it). I don't believe any kits in the US come with the silver 12-50. That said, I like the black one better than I thought I would. I use the battery grips all the time, and in that configuration the black on silver doesn't look so off-kilter to me.

12. MrDoug

MrDoug Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 5, 2011
    Boise, Idaho
    Yes. Silver 12-50 Kit. April 12. Idaho Camera. Boise ... I was very SURPRISED when they called me. I then cancelled Amazon order. Just got lucky.
    Doug

13. kenez

kenez Mu-43 Regular

Apr 18, 2012
    I got mine from Amazon U.S. on Friday 4/27. I ordered it on February 7th. BTW, it seems to be experiencing a weird battery drain problem but I can't say for sure just yet. Will report back if it turns out to be an ongoing issue.

14. Jazztrumpet5

Jazztrumpet5 Mu-43 Regular

Apr 20, 2012
    Kansas City
    You ordered a 12-50 silver kit from Amazon, right? Shoot. I ordered on Feb 7th too, same thing. Hope mine gets out soon. Were there any tipoffs from Amazon that you were about to get it?

I feel like a kid waiting for a Golden Ticket...

15. Ray Sachs

Ray Sachs Super Moderator

Apr 17, 2010
    Near Philadephila
    Silver with 12-50. Off the sales floor at B&H on I believe the 18th of April after walking away from it, realizing that was stupid because I'd buy one soon anyway but I wouldn't get the following week and a half to shoot in New York City back anytime soon, so I walked back and got it. I know they say they don't have 'em on the sales floor and I don't know whether they do or don't, but they had at least one that day. As we've discussed pretty extensively, with all but the hottest cameras (which are pretty hard to project), keeping some available on the floor probably makes a lot of economic sense for these places rather than tying everything up in pre-orders that might or might not actually come to fruition (look at all the cancelled pre-orders in this thread...). So I got one even though others continue to wait for pre-orders. I'm very happy to have it and am VERY glad I had it for the rest of my time in New York before I returned yesterday. Ordinarily a week or two here or there wouldn't matter to me, but April was the MONTH for photography for me this year. Glad to be able to take advantage of it. Probably a few thousand exposures on the camera already.

-Ray

16. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    I've pre-ordered from just about everywhere, and it's a crap shoot. Sometimes you get lucky, sometimes you don't. With Amazon, I think it depends in part on which fulfillment center there stock goes to and where you live. It's not satisfactory, but it also isn't worse than anyplace else.