1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Does anybody have experience with nat geographic 2300 slim bag ?

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by Wolf, Feb 19, 2012.

1. Wolf

Wolf Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 14, 2012
    Shoulder Bag Slim For IPAD,Mirrorless Camera And 2 Lenses - NetBook Bags | National Geographic

I wonder how it can hold a camera and two lenses if you judge it by the images...
    I know on images two you see a lens and camera but a bit further away you see the padded compartment just fits the sony nex with kit lens...

I would really love this bag , because i prefer slim bags and i like the looks and quality of NG.
    But I want to be sure it can hold my EPL2 with 14-150 and let's say the 45mm and 20mm lens. (or at least one of those two)

2. WJW59

WJW59 Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 20, 2011
    No experience with the NG bag but after a lot of looking, and trying several different bags, I've settled on the Clik Traveler Elite as my camera/iPad bag. It looks to be almost the same size as the NG bag and gives more camera room but less for other stuff. My only complaint is it will not take an iPad in a case.:mad:

I use a Lowepro | StreamLine 100 when I just want the camera and a couple of lenses. It normally has the following: E-PL2 with 45mm attached (hood reversed), VF-2 (in case), 17mm with hood, extra battery, extra card, and couple of filters.

3. Wolf

Wolf Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 14, 2012
    I bet that click traveler will never look that sexy wrapped around my body as it is around the girl that advertises it :wink:

But I contacted a shop about this bag and they say it can indeed store the camera + small lens in the pouch and another lens (like my 14-150) next too it

4. WJW59

WJW59 Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 20, 2011
    It doesn't look that sexy on mine, either. But it looks much smaller.:cool:

5. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    Personally, I just prefer the rugged good looks of the National Geographic bag. :)
    This is the bag I ue, which isn't even a camera bag but I think it's more fashionable:
    leather_satchel_web.

I love though how the Lowepro Streamline advertises on their website using an E-P2 with VF-2 for size comparison. :) That makes it easy for us!

6. WJW59

WJW59 Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 20, 2011
    I prefer the Clik, except for the silly orange zipper pull. I'm looking at some replacements for them.

I have to admit I received the Streamline as a Christmas gift and I was a bit skeptical of it. However, it has turned out to be one of my favorite bags. The only downside is I don't think the EM-5 will fit the bag as easily. I think you could cram it in, but the bag would definitely bulge.

FWIW, the Clik is what I carry during the week or if I know I'll want lots of equipment. I use the Streamline on the weekends and when I specifically don't want a lot of equipment.

7. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    Yeah, I hate having to cram in my bodies. My E-PL2 can be squeezed into my leather bag with the same lenses and such, but the E-PM1 makes my life so much easier! Those little differences in size does matter.

8. Wolf

Wolf Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 14, 2012
    As I said, i prefer nat geo bags too (the rugged look)
    but that's personal taste