Do you think your gear is too heavy ? Have a look at this please ..

Discussion in 'Street, Documentary, and Portrait' started by Bhupinder2002, Nov 13, 2013.

1. Bhupinder2002

Bhupinder2002 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Hi Guys ..
    Life is not same for everyone . We here and on other forums often complain about so many things because we have choices and money to spend . I shot this pic during my recent visit to Delhi. Some how good sense prevailed and I did offer him some financial help to buy few things as it was festive season in India .

image by bhupinder2002, on Flickr
    • Like Like x 19
  2. drd1135

drd1135 Zen Snapshooter

Mar 17, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    There is a wonderful book of photos called "Bikes of Burden" that shows folks from Asia carrying amazing loads on small motorbikes. When I was in Mysore, nothing amazed me as much as scenes like this. This is especially true for someone who lives in the American South, where the pickup truck is so common because "how else are you going to carry stuff?".
  3. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Great shot - it's unbelievable how hard many people in the world have to work to survive.
  4. Neftun

Neftun Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 15, 2012
    Patrick Kristiansen
    Heavy gear? Check this site out, press the "Lenses" link:

This guy Bjørn Rørslett knew all there is to know about Nikon gear until he got sick a few years ago. As one can tell, the content of the trunk out-values the car many times:)

Patrick K
  5. Nathan King

Nathan King Mu-43 Regular

Jun 19, 2013
    Omaha, NE
    I have been known to go around town with an RZ67, so those that complain about the battery grip making the OMD too chunky give me a good chuckle. :tongue:

It's a really nice image; however, I wish there was less shadow in his face.
  6. Stewmander

Stewmander Mu-43 Regular

Apr 16, 2012
    Sacramento, CA
    Ive done the same with my RB76...thats one reason I thought to go to m43

From RB to m43! ha
  7. orfeo

orfeo Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 27, 2013
    Those Mamiya are heavy as hell! Nice effort!
  8. profgregorio

profgregorio Mu-43 Regular

May 21, 2013
    Manila, Philippines
    Thank you for the beautiful photo. It is a somber reminder for those of us who can afford camera gear that we have a lot to be thankful for. Hence, we should maintain a happier, complain and rant a lot less, and take more pictures. And when, we can afford to do so, let us try to help those who are not as fortunate.
  9. deang001

deang001 Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 16, 2013
    Hong Kong
    Wonderful shot and good on you for your generosity. I like the processing in your image as well. Nice work.
  10. Bhupinder2002

Bhupinder2002 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Thanks a lot
  11. alex66

alex66 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jul 23, 2010
    I have traveled by bus with a Deardorf (10x8) tripod and a dozen film holders to set up take a few shots and then lug the whole lot back. Image quality wonderful, a 10x8 contact is something to behold but its hard the back is in pain after a trip and you long for a small camera.