Do you have more than one body?

Discussion in 'This or That?' started by Z-man, Nov 25, 2011.

1. Z-man

Z-man Mu-43 Regular

Nov 16, 2011
    Just curious as to how many of you possess more than one m4/3 body? And why?

I have a DSLR but see myself getting rid of it for lack of use.

And by body I mean camera hardware! (thx John)
  2. John M Flores

John M Flores Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 7, 2011
    Somerville, NJ
    That's a very existential question, and we're not allowed to discuss politics or religion on this forum.

GH2 video, used regularly
    GH1 video backup used rarely
    GF2 everyday camera, used daily

XA full frame :biggrin: used rarely
    XA2 full frame :biggrin: used rarely

K-5 stills, used regularly
    MX full frame, used rarely
    ME full frame, used rarely

Mamiya Sekor
    500TL, broken

iPhone 3GS, used regularly
    iPad2, used rarely
  3. Ray Sachs

Ray Sachs Super Moderator

Apr 17, 2010
    Near Philadephila
    One m43 at the moment, but I've had two in the past and could see having two again the next time I go on any sort of epic travel adventure. When traveling, I've used two, one with a 14-150 and the other with a 9-18, so I had basically the WHOLE focal range available to me at any given moment. And I'd use 'em too. I'd keep the main body with the 14-150 on a strap and the other one, with the 9-18 very readily accessible in the bag and I'd pull whichever one out to shoot with at a given moment. If I'd had to change lenses, I'd have missed a lot of shots. And that was during good light. In low light, I'd put two different primes on them or just take one with a good fast prime. I learned from experience that I never carry two around my home territory, so there's just no reason to have two right now. I had both an EP3 and EPL3 for a short period while I was checking them out and thought about keeping both because I really loved them both. But I quickly realized that one would just sit on the shelf so I sold the one I was reaching for less often.

But the next time we do a really big trip, it could happen again. OTOH, as good as compacts are geting, I could easily just take an X10 and one m43 body with 2-3 specialty lenses for those odd situations when one was necessary.

4. Biro

Biro Mu-43 All-Pro

May 8, 2011
    Jersey Shore
    He's got a million of 'em! Thank you very much, ladies and gentlemen, he's here all week. Drive safely and don't forget to tip your servers! :rofl:

Panasonic G3 - used regularly

Olympus E-PM1 - used regularly

Pentax K-5 - used regularly

Pentax K200D - used occasionally

Canon SX230 HS - used occasionally

Minolta SRT-200 - my first film SLR (circa 1975) used rarely

Canon Photura 135 film SLR (circa early 1990s) used rarely

Different tools for different jobs... plus some legacy equipment kept for sentimental reasons.
  5. Art

Art Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 13, 2011
    San Francisco, CA
    If you have a few lenses, having two m43 bodies is quite convinient. I have E-PL2 and E-PM1 but I'm usually not alone when travelling and taking pictures. I typically mount Oly 45mm on E-PL2 and Panny 14mm on E-PM1. My 3rd lens is Panny 20mm but I don't use it as much and when I do that means I plan to take only one body with me.
  6. GaryAyala

GaryAyala Mu-43 Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    Typically, I use two bodies when shooting with primes and/or shooting action stuff.
  7. winx14

winx14 Mu-43 Regular

Dec 1, 2010
    Brooklyn, NY
    I started a thread on this before and decided to have two bodies.
    G3 - used with 25mm, 45-200mm. This is the go to camera. A bit too bulky to carry around daily.
    GF3 - used with 14mm. Extremely compact, so I'll just throw it in my bag and bring it with me to most places.

When on vacation, I'll carry them together. G3 sees the most general use and the GF3 is used mostly in restaurants.
  8. dixeyk

dixeyk Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 9, 2010
    Of course, I have one body that goes to work and is model citizen and one I wear at night to spread evil and chaos...Oh, you meant CAMERA bodies?

That I use regularly
    Panasonic G2
    Olympus E-P1

That I use on occasion
    Konica Auto S2 (like new)
    Konica Auto S3 (like new)
    Olympus Trip35 (restored)
    Olympus OM1n
    Olympus OM2n

That I hardly use
    Olympus 35RC (like new)
    Konica C35
    Minolta Hi-Matic 9

That sit in the closet
    Konica TC (mint, still works)
    Konica T2 (mint but shutter speed dial is misaligned)
    Canon AE-1P (hate it)
    Ricoh KR5 (mint, still works)
    Minolta XE5 (needs some TLC...was abused by a university)
  9. Promit

Promit Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 6, 2011
    Baltimore, MD
    Promit Roy
    I have a G2 and a PM1. I had the PM1 first cause I love Oly, but I got a good deal on the G2 and wanted to try it out. Have grown quite fond of the larger body, especially for zoom lenses. Still go to the Oly for portability and primes.
  10. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    1) Yes (E-PL1/E-PL2)
    2) Bought E-PL1 wanted something better; bought E-PL2

Still contemplating whether or not to turn the E-PL1 into an IR body....
  11. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    I have two right now (E-P1 and E-PL2) but only one of them (the E-PL2) is functional (LCD is cracked on the E-P1, so I just use it for a photo prop). I am considering getting an E-PM1 as a backup camera. It's not much more than fixing my E-3, but after going forward to E-5 picture quality in the E-PL2 I can't go backwards again to the E-3. The E-PM1 is inexpensive (in fact, price is going down to only $420 this weekend!), and will provide at least as good image quality as my E-PL2 or an E-5 if I upgrade my DSLR.
  12. bobbywise

bobbywise Mu-43 Regular

Aug 23, 2011
    Nantes, France
    HP-945 - never use it now, but it was my first real digital camera
    Panasonic TZ-10 - great little compact camera with GPS and zoom -- got some nice zoom shots at Roland Garros with it
    Panasonic FT-3 - great little rugged camera with GPS/altimeter and waterproof

Canon 550D - hardly use it now since getting into M43 this August, but will probably never sell it as I got a bunch of expensive EF-S lenses for it. Will use it in the future, but for now I'm hooked on the M43 format.

Panasonic GF3 - my first M43 which arrived just in time for my holiday this August -- loved the images with the 14mm/F2.5
    Panasonic G3 - after liking the GF3 wanted the G3
    Panasonic GX1 - on order - need I say more :rofl: (I'm sounding like a Panasonic fan boy now)

Nokia N95 - was a great little phone and camera combo
    Nokia N97 - was an average camera compared to N95
    Nokia N8 - loved it, but wanted a better mobile OS
    iPhone 4S - don't really use the camera, but the phone, but I see people do get nice shots with it
  13. flash

flash Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Apr 29, 2010
    1 hour from Sydney Australia.
    At the moment I have too many m4/3 bodies.

GH2 - used nearly every day.
    G2- backup to GH2.
    eP2- not used as often as I used to.
    EP1- not used as often as I used to.
    EPL1- for my underwater housing
    EPL2- used as a backup to the GH2.

I have quite a few more non m4/3 cameras. I do need to cull my m4/3 line up. They deserve to be in the hands of those that will use them.

14. zpuskas

zpuskas Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 25, 2011
    Santa Barbara, CA
    Just one body at this time...a G2. (several native and adapted lenses)
    I also use a Canon Powershot SD880 IS for stuff which I have no reason to be creative.
  15. Dan Lopez

Dan Lopez Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 12, 2011
    GF1 - Go to cam absolutely love it.
    G3- Bought it as an upgrade to the GF1, hardly ever use it. (for sale).
    EP1- On the way! Cant wait to put it through the ringer.. will use w/legacy glass, in place of gf1... IBIS
    Pentax K-1000- When I feel like paying my local Darkroom a bunch of cash to process my film, only to realize I should have taken it to Walgreens.
    Iphone 4- When ever, where ever.
  16. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    You can just send me whatever you don't need. ;)
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Luckypenguin

Luckypenguin .

Oct 9, 2010
    Brisbane, Australia
    I have three first-gen bodies, although the E-P1 is in semi-retirement. The great thing I found with m4/3 is that I could easily carry two bodies mounted with different lenses when I wouldn't have previously tried that with bigger DSLR equipment. Of course now I do the same with DSLRs, or even one DSLR and two m4/3 cameras...

Weren't these cameras meant to reduce the amount of gear I was carting around?
  18. Canonista

Canonista Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 3, 2011
    To borrow from Parkinson's Law: "Gear expands so as to fill the space available in your camera bag." and the corollary: "Camera bags are upsized to fit all of the gear you accumulate".
    • Like Like x 3
  19. F1L1P

F1L1P Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 2, 2010
    Just one - Panasonic G1
  20. addieleman

addieleman Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 5, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Main body is a GH2 and I kept the G1 for studio work and as a backup.