Do you have an EDC camera bag?

Taurahe

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Brandon
Who carries a camera every where they go? What bag do you carry it in? Do you have any cool accessories ? Spill your bags guts here, and tell us all about it !!!!! Pictures would be awesome if you want !!!!

I typically always have a camera bag with me, which changes with situations and what I am doing . My Typical kit is pretty simple .....

Olympus Em1mk2
Olympus 17mm 1.8
Panasonic 25 1.7
Olympus 45 1.8
2 spare batteries
Spare memory card
Thumb drive
18000 ma battery pack
Rogue flashbender bounce card
8 AA batteries
Godox TTL 685
Phone charger cord / wall plug
Space pen
Waterproof notepad
Sharpie marker
Leatherman
Opinel no.8 friction folder
Boo boo bag ( personal basic first aid kit)

All of this is usually carried in a Peak Design 10l sling bag. It fills the bag thoroughly , but the bag is Rock solid and secure.

Carbonman

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Graham
My basic EDC bag is a PD 5L. I typically stuff it with my E-M1.2, spare battery, 12-100 and either 8mm FE or 7-14 f2.8. I also pack spare rear lens and body caps, microfibre cloth, memory card and some paper towel (allergies!). Today's a little different; I've packed my 40-150/1.4TC and 12-40 for lenses.
Pocket stuff that always comes with me includes a tactical pen, non-conductive ceramic lockblade knife and ibuprophen.

DefectiveMonk

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Mark
I carry a Nutsac Mag-Satch. It always has:
EM10ii with Panasonic 20mm 1.7
2 spare batteries
FL-LM3 flash
Foldable reading glasses
Sunglasses
Swiss Army knife
Wipes, tissues, neosporin, and bandaids (I'm a dad)
Notepad and pen

If I'm doing something specifically photo related I sometimes throw an extra lens (or two) in there. A neat trick I learned from this site is to glue two rear caps together and then you can put two lenses on it in a stack that doesn't rattle. Usually those are the Panasonic 14mm 2.5 and the Olympus 45mm 1.8. Older picture with different lens selection but otherwise accurate.
41996740592_48b6f1e1d6_k-jpg.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I love this bag but if it was an inch and a half deeper it would be perfect. I recently found the Think Tank Retrospective 5 which looks to be almost the same width and height but deeper and which has some internal organization that a lot of camera bags don't have. I'm very close to picking up a used one for about $60 and making that my everyday bag.

Last edited:

RyanM

Mu-43 Veteran
I bike commute, and my backpack always has a camera in it. My backpack has a side access port (I don't know why this isn't a more common feature for camera backpacks...), where I keep the camera and two spare lenses. The rest of the bag is devoted to laptop, cords, lunch, jacket, etc. The identity of the lenses changes based on my whims; today I have the 15mm f/1.7, the O40-150mm f/4-5.6, and my adapted OM 50mm macro.

MoonMind

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Matt
My EDC bag is an ONA The Bowery canvas bag. Small, light, sturdy, can withstand quite a bit of rain - and depending on my choice of gear, I can pack a couple of cameras and lenses and/or accessories. Contents vary greatly; I'm pleased to say that today, I'll be carrying the GX9 with 15mm (as well as other stuff).

M.

melanie.ylang

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
The world is full of beautiful non-camera bags, and a gal does like to have a good selection of these for coordinating outfits, so I EDC with a Tenba BYOB 9 insert: BYOB 9 Camera Insert | Tenba

It works as a camera-friendly bag organiser most of the time, helping keep all the things sorted. I prefer to use it in a bag with enough extra room at the end for at least a water bottle, so I buy bags to suit the insert now.

The Grumpy Snapper

Mu-43 Veteran
I keep my 12 year old Olympus E-410 and the plastic kit lenses in a small Pelican case behind the seat of the car. I bring it in to charge the batteries every so often (when I remember).

There's been times when I don't reach for it, a few years ago I watched the biggest male Black Bear I have ever seen. He was eating grass having just emerged from hibernation so I sat in the car and just watched him.

It does mean that I can get shots like this:

a244036rt-jpg.jpg

And sometimes I pull it out of the car and use it at home. One from last summer and September in a 2019 birds calender.

7225520-jpg.jpg

Shawn_D

Mu-43 Regular
I carry my Tenba DNA 10 Messenger almost everywhere; to work, walking the dog, and on most errands. In it lives my Panasonic GX9, Pana 12-35mm 2.8ii, PanaLeica 25mm 1.4, and Olympus 60mm 2.8 macro. Also a set of Breakthrough Photography ND filters (3stop, 6stop, 10stop) and Circular Polarizer. 3 batteries, lens pen, microfiber, and various other non photography bits. Can fit a tablet or book in a dedicated back compartment. A tripod is always in the car just in case.

John M Flores

Super Moderator
The world is full of beautiful non-camera bags, and a gal does like to have a good selection of these for coordinating outfits, so I EDC with a Tenba BYOB 9 insert: BYOB 9 Camera Insert | Tenba

It works as a camera-friendly bag organiser most of the time, helping keep all the things sorted. I prefer to use it in a bag with enough extra room at the end for at least a water bottle, so I buy bags to suit the insert now.

Yup. I currently use a Chrome backpack and messenger and if I bring a camera I throw my old Mountainsmith insert in too.

D

Deleted member 20897

I have a few and it depends on what I'm doing. More so the activity than the camera gear.

Right now, the daily is a Manfrotto NX CSC. Bottom part for camera geat, top part and other pocks for everything else. I can carry everything from a Nikon Df and lenses and obviously smaller.

The other is a Peak Design Everyday Backpack. It has taken second fiddle to the manfrotto though due to the ability of gear from the top part to spill out when accessing the side panels.

If I want to go shoulder bag, I have a Billingham Hadley Small or a Mindshift Exposure 13.

demiro

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
2 spare batteries
FL-LM3 flash
Foldable reading glasses
Sunglasses
Swiss Army knife
Notepad and pen

If I'm doing something specifically photo related I sometimes throw an extra lens (or two) in there. A neat trick I learned from this site is to glue two rear caps together and then you can put two lenses on it in a stack that doesn't rattle. Usually those are the Panasonic 14mm 2.5 and the Olympus 45mm 1.8. Older picture with different lens selection but otherwise accurate.
View attachment 748501

I love this bag but if it was an inch and a half deeper it would be perfect. I recently found the Think Tank Retrospective 5 which looks to be almost the same width and height but deeper and which has some internal organization that a lot of camera bags don't have. I'm very close to picking up a used one for about $60 and making that my everyday bag.

Mark, the Mag-Satch looks interesting. Magnetic closures are pretty much a must-have for me. Am I right saying that this bag has one large space, with a zipper pocket on one side and some open pockets on the other side? Hard to tell from pics

Thanks.

Mike G

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Mike Gorman
Either a :-
Hadley Digital
Hadley Small
Hadley Pro
Hadley One
Which ever suits the occasion!
I also have a Domke Fuji model which I find is too narrow!

Taurahe

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Brandon
2 spare batteries
FL-LM3 flash
Foldable reading glasses
Sunglasses
Swiss Army knife
Notepad and pen

View attachment 748501

Nut sack makes some spectacular bags. I have actually looked at this bag several times but haven't bought one as I have two orakndesign sling bags ..... But I may still get one eventually

Matt Drown

Mu-43 Veteran
Domke F2 mostly, assorted camera gear depending. I've been trying out the peak design 10l to downsize, but I'm not sold on it. I don't like that I can't put it down flat, and the pocket design is a little annoying after getting very used to the Domke. I'm debating picking up a smaller Domke.

Bits that are non-camera tend to be adjustable, but usually includes headphones, passport, e-reader, allen-key tool, nite-ize doo-hickey tool, pen, etc.

Sammyboy

m43 Pro
... my EDC bag is the Nut Sac Satchel Pro, it is not centered around photography but items I use on a daily basis .... you will be surprised what this bags holds ... I love it ....

P5314539a.jpg

P5314540a.jpg

Inside back pocket : iPad Mini with stylus, Anker wall charger with cables and the JBL Clip+ bluetooth speaker.

Main compartment : Olympus M-5, 14-42 zoom, Olympus 8x25 WP binos and the CCrane Skywave ssb radio.

Inside left pocket : B+W CPL, B+W IR filter, B+W +5 closeup lens.

Inside right pocket : Leatherman Juice XE-6, Inova X1 flashlight, 300R flash, 4 extra AA batteries, 4 extra AAA batteries and ballpoint pen.

Outside pocket : Note pad.

This bag is perfect for my EDC needs.

Last edited:

DefectiveMonk

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Mark
Mark, the Mag-Satch looks interesting. Magnetic closures are pretty much a must-have for me. Am I right saying that this bag has one large space, with a zipper pocket on one side and some open pockets on the other side? Hard to tell from pics

Thanks.
Yes. On the front of the bag (outside the main compartment but covered by the flap) is a large, full-sized, zippered pocket. Inside the front of the bag are two open pockets each half the width of the bag. Also inside the bag on the rear is another full-size zippered pocket.

Matt Drown

Mu-43 Veteran
Check out the F-6, it's my preferred bag only using a F-2 when I can't cram everything into a F-6.

I think I've looked at it, but I think I'll miss the end pockets. But like all bags, you never can tell until you try it out :) I'll have to go find one to sling in a store and compare it to a more messenger f803 or similar....

Replytoken

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Ken
I think I've looked at it, but I think I'll miss the end pockets. But like all bags, you never can tell until you try it out :) I'll have to go find one to sling in a store and compare it to a more messenger f803 or similar....
I have all three Domke bags, and many more than I care to admit to. I like the F2 for my Nikon gear and the F6 for my m4/3rd's gear when I need to bring a bit of gear with me. The 803 is what I might use for just a body and lens for a short trip, although it competes with my Tom Bihn bags with a Domke insert. While I too enjoy the end pockets of the F2, the front pocket of the F6 is also nice.

--Ken

Latest threads

Top Bottom