1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Do you have a silver or black OM-D?

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by majordude, Dec 28, 2012.

1. majordude

majordude Mu-43 Regular

Dec 28, 2012
    Do you have a silver or black OM-D? Do you wish you would have chosen differently?

2. lefty

lefty Mu-43 Regular

I got black simply because silver wasn't available at the time. I would have chosen silver

3. majordude

majordude Mu-43 Regular

Dec 28, 2012
    After looking at some videos, silver looks better from farther away but black looks better up close. My silver will arrive in a week!

4. twokatmew

twokatmew Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 1, 2012
    Lansing, MI, US
    Margaret
    I waited for silver, and I love its retro looks. No regrets. It looks great with black or silver lenses.

--
    Sent from my phone. Please pardon my brevity!

5. juangrande

juangrande Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 2, 2012
    COLORADO
    BACK IN BLACK, I hit the sack.....:biggrin:

6. usayit

usayit Mu-43 Hall of Famer

silver.... because it was there and color realy doesnt matter much to me.

7. flash

flash Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Apr 29, 2010
    1 hour from Sydney Australia.
    Gordon
    1 of each. Prefer the look of the black. But I've always been partial to black cameras.

Gordon

8. noohoggin1

noohoggin1 Instagram: @tomnguyenstudio

May 21, 2012
    MN
    Tom
    I bought a silver one because black wasn't available. I love the color now. But I aim to get a second OMD (for backup), and I will make that one black just to have one of each. :)

9. Lawrence A.

Lawrence A. Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 14, 2012
    New Mexico
    Larry
    Black. I love black cameras.
    But if anyone has a purple M9, I'll take it off their hands.

10. Zariell

Zariell Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 28, 2012
    Bountiful, UT
    Silver because silver is cool and more professional than black, cause black is unprofessional with silver lenses, and that's why Olympus makes there best lenses silver cause they know silver is the new black, and they making fun of the posers with black cameras, because a black camera with a silver lens is uncool, and only uncool people buy black!!'

Please disregard the preceding message as Zar having too much winters cheer, nothing I said other than my E-M5 is silver, can be held against me in a court of my peers!!!

Move along people nothing to see here :)

• Like Like x 2
  11. FrayAdjacent

FrayAdjacent Mu-43 Regular

Dec 5, 2012
    Austin, TX
    M@
    Silver. Looks more classic to my eye. Dad's minolta SLRs are silver with the black leather type crap around the middle part. Love the look of this camera!

12. C-Towner

C-Towner Mu-43 Rookie

Dec 29, 2012
    Silver for me. I liked the look and the way the grip looked better than on the black. I'm just glad we had a choice at all!

13. Mikefellh

Mikefellh Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 7, 2012
    Toronto, Canada
    1 of each.

I wanted the silver, but when I went in to the store to order it they had a black one so I bought that because I wanted to be the first at my camera club to own an OM-D.

But after that I was still lusting after the silver one. As well I didn't like the feel of the wrap around material of the black; I had handled both bodies at an Olympus pre-release event, and already knew this but still had bought the black to be first.

Now I use the black as my regular camera (will get a CS-36FBC so I won't have to touch the wrap around material), and the silver one for special events, or when I want to show off because I get more comments from other photographers.

14. kimnkk

kimnkk Mu-43 Rookie

Sep 25, 2011
    Me!bourne, Australia
    2 Silvers between my girlfriend and I.

No contest in my opinion.

15. d2mini

d2mini Mu-43 Regular

Oct 21, 2012
    Fulshear, TX
    dennis
    Before REALLY looking at it, I was going to go for the silver... especially since I was going back and forth between the omd and x-e1. Then as I started leaning towards the OMD and REALLY giving it a good look, I fell in love with the black. It's all "murdered out" and clean, especially with that grip texture.

16. janneman

janneman Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 6, 2012
    Netherlands
    Jan (John) Kusters
    Black camera, but I mostly use the silver primes. Ah well, if I could switch now, I probably would go for the silver. But it is not important enough to take a financial hit by selling and buying a new one.

17. WasOM3user

WasOM3user Mu-43 Veteran

Oct 20, 2012
    Lancashire, UK
    Paul
    Since my OM1n and OM3 are both black there was not really any chance that my OM-D was going to be anything else but black.

Interestingly given a choice of colours for their EPL-3's both my daughter and son both chose black - perhaps it's inherited :)

18. alvinksu

alvinksu Mu-43 Regular

Nov 20, 2012
    New York
    Silver, just like the old days.

19. dogs100

dogs100 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Nov 12, 2011
    N Devon UK
    Geoff
    Silver ... to match my hair (it was the nearest they did to white for a real match)

• Like Like x 1
  20. Promit

Promit Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 6, 2011
    Baltimore, MD
    Promit Roy
    I love my silver. Black is such a boring, traditional look. Also my girl said the black one was ugly and that sealed it :D But seriously, the silver is such a classy and unusual look.