1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Do you feel like your Brand New GH3 might be used?

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by wingzero, Apr 27, 2013.

1. wingzero

wingzero New to Mu-43

Jun 4, 2012
    Louisiana
    Coming from a GF2, I was very excited that my GH3 finally came in. When I open the box, I noticed that all the plastic bag that holds the manuals, battey, cables are wrinkled. I'd watched couple GH3 unboxing and the first thing I see when the box opened is the manual cd. Mine is in the bag with the manual. I took one picture and the number is P1000012. I hope I am not too paranoid.

2. goldenlight

goldenlight Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 30, 2010
    Essex
    John
    That suggests the shutter had been fired 11 times before you recieved the camera. It might well be part of the quality control to take that many test shots at the factory.

On the other hand, it could be a return from a buyer who didn't like the feel of the camera. We all want a pristine camera which we are the first to touch since it left the factory but we all want the option to return for a full refund if we don't like it. We can't have it both ways. :biggrin:

3. wingzero

wingzero New to Mu-43

Jun 4, 2012
    Louisiana
    Well I hope is just factory quality check. And we all certainly wants the option for return and refund but the seller has to mark the return as used or refurb. I don't think anyone would wants to paid for a brand new item and turns out to be used.

4. goldenlight

goldenlight Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 30, 2010
    Essex
    John
    Personally I wouldn't worry too much about just 11 frames. Presumably it was sold to you as new by an authorized dealer and therefore has full manufacturer's warranty plus any consumer protection laws in the US.

I suppose the bottom line is can you see any signs of use, other than how it was packed and the shutter count? If not, with your warranty, it's for all intents and purposes "new."

What you have got is a great camera which I am sure you will enjoy using. :smile: