1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Do only Panasonic lenses have the raised red pip to help guide mount?

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by Steven, Aug 8, 2014.

1. Steven

Steven Mu-43 All-Pro

May 25, 2012
    USA
    I frequently change lenses in the dark and with Panasonic it's easy to just feel your way in. Not so with only Olympus one I have , 45mm. Is it this way with all Olympus lenses?

2. Aqualung

Aqualung Mu-43 Regular

Jan 10, 2013
    Central Mass
    Chris
    AFAIK it is...jfyi I used some Sugru on my lenses and body (little 'dots') and I have also put some on my shutter button and the center of the 'D-pad' to help find things blindly - either in the dark or so I don't have to remove my eye from the viewfinder.

http://sugru.com/

• Like Like x 3
  3. OzRay

OzRay Mu-43 Legend

Jan 29, 2010
    South Gippsland, Australia
    Ray, not Oz
  4. Replytoken

Replytoken Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 7, 2012
    Puget Sound
    Ken
    Those are rejected Leica red dots! It is part of their reduce/reuse/recycle program with Panasonic. :biggrin:

--Ken

P.S. It is nice to have a physical cue when working in the dark. I shot concerts for a few years, and you learn where things are by feel quite quickly. But a few hints are always appreciated.

• Like Like x 2
  5. zensu

zensu An Old Fool

Aug 8, 2012
    Southeastern USA
    Bobby
    It also helps in the light when you get old!:wink:

6. Terrier

Terrier Mu-43 Regular

May 6, 2014
    Denver, CO
    Andy
    I don't have my camera with me right now but I'm pretty sure the Oly 12-40 Pro has a raised dot. It may be white instead of red though.

7. zensu

zensu An Old Fool

Aug 8, 2012
    Southeastern USA
    Bobby
    It is a red dot but is much smaller than the one used on P/L lenses. I think the smaller dot is just as easy to feel and a lot less likely to get damaged. I wish all of Olys' lenses had this small red dot! I'm sure all the upcoming 'PRO' lenses will have it.

8. Terrier

Terrier Mu-43 Regular

May 6, 2014
    Denver, CO
    Andy
    Thanks for confirming! I wasn't 100% sure I was accurate.

9. magkelly

magkelly Mu-43 Regular

Nov 11, 2012
    USA
    In your local craft store in the sticker section you can find little glow in the dark dot stickers. I use those for mine.

• Like Like x 1