Do I want what I cannot have? Fujifilm colours on Panasonic

melanieylang

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
You might have a point about the IBIS or lack thereof. One of the rather cool features of the GX9 is that when paired with certain Lumix lenses - which have their own built-in Power IBIS (I can't remember exactly what it's called), you actually get a double-IBIS effect - both from the camera and from the lens! Occasionally when I've used my 1st generation and razor-sharp general purpose zoom - the fixed f/2.8 12-35mm Lumix - I've been able to get some remarkably sharp (i.e. unblurry) handheld shots at ludicrously lengthy exposures.

And you're right about the X30's little EVF: it's surprisingly good. At the risk of beating a metaphorical dead horse, though, if you are ever able to get your hands on the soft rubber eyecup for the GX9, I recommend it. It truly transformed my feelings about that camera's viewfinder in ways I still can barely fathom.

The X-S10 might be an interesting choice, though :)
You might have missed the part where I said:
but even with the additional eyecup I find the EVF pretty useless
It clearly depends on the eyes of the individually - I've read lots of comments about the eyecup improving the outlook, but I'm severely myopic, wear glasses, and cannot use the eyecup. The GX8 EVF was a miracle, and the G85's is also very good.

If I understand right, IBIS on Fuji also works in tandem with lens stabilisation, which would be good. I have the XF 27mm f/2.8 unstabilised, and I can't shoot for sh!t with it on X-T20.

Darmok N Jalad

Temba, his aperture wide
You might have missed the part where I said:

It clearly depends on the eyes of the individually - I've read lots of comments about the eyecup improving the outlook, but I'm severely myopic, wear glasses, and cannot use the eyecup. The GX8 EVF was a miracle, and the G85's is also very good.

If I understand right, IBIS on Fuji also works in tandem with lens stabilisation, which would be good. I have the XF 27mm f/2.8 unstabilised, and I can't shoot for sh!t with it on X-T20.
I just tried and returned the GX9, and the viewfinder was a big reason. I just didn't care for it, and the EVF is just part of how I take pictures.

I've been intrigued by the X-S10, but it just leaves me wanting still. I think FUJI was definitely aiming for a price point, and that leaves it just shy of what could be compelling for me. If it had the EVF from the X-T3/4 and a focus mode switch, they might just have me sold. Just seems like every time I take a hard look at FUJI, they just come up short. I feel like I'd have to try a kit out for a month to really make up my mind.

archaeopteryx

Gambian sidling bush
Each time, I feel the handling is not as pleasant as any of the mu43 bodies I've used
I agree. Fuji's retro thing undoes more helpful evolutions in bodies than it offers alternatives for. (I'm also thoroughly unimpressed with how flexible Fuji bodies are, though that's not an issue off tripod or if using a lens with a tripod collar.)

The CFA is one reason why I prefer Olympus cameras over most others.
Are you aware of any evidence Olympus adjusts the color filter array rather than opting for different color profiles than other cameras using the same Sony sensors (e.g. IMX 269 or 272)? I couldn't find any.

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom