1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Do I need a macro Elmarit 60/2.8?

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by apicius9, Apr 3, 2011.

1. apicius9

apicius9 Mu-43 Veteran Subscribing Member

Feb 1, 2010
    Philadelphia, PA
    Hi,

I have an Elmarit with the 1:1 tube that I have only played around with for a bit, but clearly under-used it. I also have a Vivitar S1 105/2.8 1:1 macro for longer reach and plenty of 50-60mm lenses to cover the general range.

Now I am wondering: Compared to other shorter 50-60mm macro lenses, is the Elmarit worth keeping? Is it so much better than, say, a Canon FD 50/3.5 or one of the Nikkors? Since macro is neither my main interest nor do I use it enough, I am wondering whether I would be better off selling it and using the money toward the 100-300 Panny which is the last lens on my buying list for now. With the going prices right now, I may even get a 50/3.5 from a reputable brand on top of the zoom for the price of the Elmarit.

Does enybody else have it and compared it to other mcro lenses? I have a hard time letting lenses go, more so if they have a Leica sign on them (I grew up near the plant and many of my family worked there).

Thanks,

Stefan

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.