Do I have to buy PSE 12 twice for 2 puters?

Discussion in 'Image Processing' started by desmoface, Feb 17, 2014.

1. desmoface

desmoface Mu-43 Regular

Jan 16, 2012
    Hi everyone,

If I want to install photoshop elements 12 on both my mac and pc, do I have to buy it twice? I notice the software includes both mac and pc versions, but will it let me activate on two different puters?. Thanks in advance.

2. Timmy

Timmy Mu-43 Regular

Dec 3, 2013
    Wiltshire - UK

2.1.5 Dual Boot Platform. The Software is licensed for use on a specific operating system platform. Customer
    must purchase a separate license for use of the Software on each operating system platform. By way of example,
    if Customer desires to in
    stall the Software on both the Mac OS and Windows operating system platforms on a
    device that runs both of those platforms (i.e., a dual boot machine), then Customer must first obtain two separate
    licenses for the Software. This is true even if two version
    s of the Software, each designed for a different operating
    system platform, are delivered to Customer on the same media.
  3. Mr Hahn

Mr Hahn Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 9, 2010
    SLC, Utah
    • To run a mac version and a PC version of Photoshop Elements 12 at the same time you will pay twice.

• To pay only once you could run windows on the mac via Boot Camp or Parallels and then you would only need to buy the windows version to run it on both machines. The same would also be true if you can run OSx on the windows machine (i.e. Hackintosh) and only run the mac version on both machines.

• If you buy the Adobe software for one platform now like windows, and want to change it later on because your switching to a mac you can also do this. It's called a crossgrade.

• If you decide to go with a cloud subscription instead such as "Photoshop CC + Lightroom for $9.99month", all cloud subscriptions include the Mac and PC version at no extra cost.

P.S. Please stop using thread titles that read like bad teenage texting shorthand, people don't want to read your threads and you'll get fewer replies when you do that.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. desmoface

desmoface Mu-43 Regular

Jan 16, 2012
    Hey everyone,

Thanks for the advice and replies.