Do I have GAS

shutterduster

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Dave T
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
I don't know how I let it get this far.

I have had an interest in photography since the first time I used a SLR in 1966. I bought myself a used Pentax with 28mm lens and went out and just took pictures of everything I thought was interesting with varied results. I experimented with film and slides. I tried different views, compositions and never used a flash.

Then I got married and had kids. Photography took a back seat. Perhaps it found its way into the trunk and I lost touch.

Fast forward 35 years and the bug bit me again. Film was on its way out but that didn`t stop me from going back to what I was accustomed to. I bought a used Minolta 5000 and 5000 Maxxum with four lenses and went back to playing. Everyone was switching to Digital and I decided I should to.

After a lot of deliberation I bought into the 4/3 system. E-3, HLD-4, 12-60, 50 f2.0 macro, 70-300, 50-200 swd, fl50r filters and on and on.

Then GAS happened. Mu4/3 looked so appealing. Small, light and affordable. I could use any lens ever made. I could sell the 4/3 stuff and the world was my oyster. Next thing I know I am spending all my time on line looking for legacy lenses, new native lenses and reading and reading about everything.
Problem is I have just about stopped taking pictures because I am always looking for the next great thing.

From today forward I am going to sell anything that isn`t going to fit into my smaller gear bag.

This is only some of what I have acquired. I will try to list it later. View attachment 294862

Bhupinder2002

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
I don't know how I let it get this far.

I have had an interest in photography since the first time I used a SLR in 1966. I bought myself a used Pentax with 28mm lens and went out and just took pictures of everything I thought was interesting with varied results. I experimented with film and slides. I tried different views, compositions and never used a flash.

Then I got married and had kids. Photography took a back seat. Perhaps it found its way into the trunk and I lost touch.

Fast forward 35 years and the bug bit me again. Film was on its way out but that didn`t stop me from going back to what I was accustomed to. I bought a used Minolta 5000 and 5000 Maxxum with four lenses and went back to playing. Everyone was switching to Digital and I decided I should to.

After a lot of deliberation I bought into the 4/3 system. E-3, HLD-4, 12-60, 50 f2.0 macro, 70-300, 50-200 swd, fl50r filters and on and on.

Then GAS happened. Mu4/3 looked so appealing. Small, light and affordable. I could use any lens ever made. I could sell the 4/3 stuff and the world was my oyster. Next thing I know I am spending all my time on line looking for legacy lenses, new native lenses and reading and reading about everything.
Problem is I have just about stopped taking pictures because I am always looking for the next great thing.

From today forward I am going to sell anything that isn`t going to fit into my smaller gear bag.

This is only some of what I have acquired. I will try to list it later. View attachment 294883

I won't call this GAS.. GAS moves .. I would call this Gear Constipation :wink::wink::wink: . You need ebay ENEMA :2thumbs::2thumbs:

dougjgreen

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Doug Green
That's nothing - I don't see any medium or large format gear.

I've got the following full systems: Mamiya RZ and RB 67: multiple bodies lenses and finders

Pentax 67: 2 bodies 3 lenses extension tubes wooden grips

Koni Rapid Omega: 1 body 2 backs 3 lenses

Rollei 600x: 3 bodies 4 backs 3 lenses (after just selling 2 lenses)

Fully working Yashica Mat124G and Rolleiflex 2.8E TLRs

Baby Rolleiflex:

35mm systems including Nikons (6 bodies), Minoltas (5 bodies), Olympus (2 bodies), a Konica, and a Canon

I've sold the vast majority of my Leica gear - but I still have one Bessa T body with a 50mm Summitar and one Leica R4s with a 28mm Elmarit R.

I don't bother asking the question of whether or not I have GAS.

As for Digital, I own 1 Nikon D50 (just sold 2 bodies) 3 Olympuses (E-1, E-300, E-520) and 2 M4/3 bodies.

Right now, the stuff I use 95% of the time is the M4/3 and the 4/3 gear.

shutterduster

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Dave T
Should I list here or is Ebay better?

I have never sold anything on Ebay or anywhere other than Kijiji.
Kijiji is just a local market and with some of the gear I have it just doesn't move.

Would it make sense to list it here?:eek:

Thanks in advance.
Dave

DeeJayK

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Keith

mister_roboto

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Dennis
Oh most certainly you do... I'd be willing to take those off your hands to help you out.

Seriously though- when you do put some of those up for sale, be sure to post it to the members sales form too... for my own GAS.

Bhupinder2002

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Oh most certainly you do... I'd be willing to take those off your hands to help you out.

Seriously though- when you do put some of those up for sale, be sure to post it to the members sales form too... for my own GAS.

So his GAS will help to cure your GAS:wink: Its a community GAS .. Okay :smile: I will run away before the GAS leaks :biggrin::biggrin:I don't wanna have some

:sorry::sorry:

DeeJayK

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Keith
I will run away before the GAS leaks :biggrin::biggrin:I don't wanna have some

This coming from the guy who's thrice bought and twice sold the X100 (unless I've missed a transaction it two). Seems like it might be too late for you, Bhupinder. :wink:

sent with my phone...please excuse the typos

Latest threads

Top Bottom