1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Do E-PL5 and E-P3 use the same grips?

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by DeeJayK, Sep 28, 2012.

1. DeeJayK

DeeJayK Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 8, 2011
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    Keith
    Has anyone seen a SKU for the replaceable grip on the E-PL5? I'm curious if it shares the same grips as the E-P3? Although they appear to be very similar from the images I've seen, I've seen no confirmation of that.

Thanks in advance for any information you can share.

2. ZephyrZ33

ZephyrZ33 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Nov 18, 2010
    Southern California
    Wondering the same. Texture and shape would give the ep3 a different look.

3. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    Also be nice to interchange with cameras we already own.

4. Chuck-B&H

Chuck-B&H Sponsor

Apr 28, 2012
    Hello,

From past experience, no matter how similar grips are almost never cross model compatible. Olympus currently lists MCG-3PR Premium Camera Grip. The OLYMPUS PEN Lite E-PL5 employs the same interchangeable grip design first made popular by the OLYMPUS PEN E-P3. Available in three patterns, the MCG-3PR Camera Grip makes it easy to accessorize with style. The matching LC-37PR Lens Cap, available in the same three patterns, lets the user create a color-coordinated combination that enhances the system's sense of integration.

• Like Like x 2
  5. DeeJayK

DeeJayK Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 8, 2011
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    Keith
    Thanks for the reply, Chuck. I think the last line of that product description you linked may contain our answer: "The camera grip can also be used with the E-P3." From that, it would appear that the grips for the E-P3 and E-PL5 are cross-compatible.

• Like Like x 1