1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

DMW‑HDR2 Grip Question

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by Levster, Feb 10, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Could someone with the DMW‑HDR2 grip for the GX9 tell me if it is Arca Swiss compatible? Or would I need another plate on the bottom of the grip to attach to my tripod? It doesn’t look as though it is, but there are groves on the bottom plate so it’s hard to tell!

Cheers!

2. JerryGNYC

JerryGNYC Mu-43 Rookie

Jun 13, 2017
    Here are a couple of quick shots of the grip. Hope it helps. And FWIW, the model # on this grip is DMW-HGR2. Typo?

-Jerry

Attached Files:

3. Yep, you’re right! I copied it from a website and it must have been wrong on there.

The grip doesn’t look as though it would directly mount to a tripod head. This is a grip for an E-M5 Mk II and the baseplate has grooves on both sides to slip onto an Arca head.

D3DEBC5F-61F8-404C-A523-4F2CCF679C58.jpeg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

4. ibd

ibd Mu-43 Regular

Jun 5, 2016
    Are there measurements or drawings / CAD somewhere for the "Arca" mount?

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. JerryGNYC

JerryGNYC Mu-43 Rookie

Jun 13, 2017
    Yes, I would say you would have to add an adapter plate. The only tripod heads that apparently will mount/mate directly are the ones with the screw (whose nomenclature escapes me at the moment...).

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.