DMC-GF2

Wasabi Bob

Mu-43 All-Pro
Just started seriously playing with GF2. This is a fun camera that will do well with the female and first time D-SLR type camera user.

The menus are quite responsive, and definitely not over sensitive as some have stated.

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/wasabi_bob/5388208988/" title="GF2_01 by Wasabi Bob, on Flickr">
5388208988_230be9bae1_b.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
"750" height="1024" alt="GF2_01" /></a>

The menus are well thought out, and the selections are logical. These menu screen quickly link you to the traditional menus. The camera has very "substantial feel" and the touch focus / shutter feature can get addictive.

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/wasabi_bob/5387594401/" title="GF2_02 by Wasabi Bob, on Flickr">
5387594401_f0a87cbf91_b.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
"782" height="1024" alt="GF2_02" /></a>

Definitely more comments to follow!

Narnian

Nobody in particular ...
Real Name
Richard Elliott
I am looking forward to the reviews on this. I love my GF1 but since I got the G1 I pretty much only use the GF1 with the 20/1.7. I am sure it will not make a general purpose camera for me but with the 14/2.5 and 20/1.7 it could make a great second camera for street/walkabout.

pxpaulx

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Paul
Hahaha, despite the number of times I have bought a second camera body or point and shoot for my wife, she keeps insisting she doesn't need it. This would be perfect for her! Oh wait, there's that GH1 in the mail already....

theflyer

Mu-43 Regular
i played with one of these in the shop the other day (in HK) and i have to admit, i liked the touch screen navigation feature. didn't think i would. only thing is for my hands, the camera felt a little small. still, i was very tempted to buy one for the wife.:wink:

John M Flores

Super Moderator
i played with one of these in the shop the other day (in HK) and i have to admit, i liked the touch screen navigation feature. didn't think i would. only thing is for my hands, the camera felt a little small. still, i was very tempted to buy one for the wife.:wink:

Sorry to 'jack the thread, but if we are using the new math, then I have one camera and my wife has 8!

Looking forward to the review - need a backup to the GH2

Wasabi Bob

Mu-43 All-Pro
Make way for the ladies!

What surprises me is the fact that Panasonic plans to concentrate this model at the female market and those who are stepping up from the point and shoot market. Smart move, but now they need some colors. Maybe snow white and pink (for breast cancer awareness). They did that in Japan and it was a hot seller. I'm liking this camera, now the snow needs to go away so I can go out and play!

Can we buy cameras at the rate our wives buy pocket books and shoes?

Streetshooter

Administrator Emeritus
Bob, I can't thank ya enuff for posting about the GF2.
I mean I don't need it at all as my wife says.
So, your really helping me fight the need to get this camera.
Wait...wait....hmmmm
GF1 with 20...GF2 with 14.... Hmm....
Thanks Bob.....

Wasabi Bob

Mu-43 All-Pro
Here's an idea

Sell your GF1 body and you can have the GF2 with two great lens! I think this will be a home run. The touch screen is refreshingly nice to use. Much quicker navigation, if you like or you can use the traditional menu settings.

Tell your wife she can buy another pair of shoes!

Streetshooter

Administrator Emeritus
Not selling the GF1 anytime soon. It's as good as it gets.
The GF2 would be a 2nd body.
I told da wife, that with a 2nd body it protects the sensors and rear elements of the lenses because I don't have to change anymore....

She smiled and turned on HSN & QVC....
I'm getting close.

soundimageplus

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Maybe he's Andy Gray in disguise :wink:

I think Mr. Gray NEEDS a disguise!!

MY excuse for having a GF2 delivered on Friday is that its a cheap way of getting the 14mm lens. I will of course, (really, no I will, honestly.....) put the GF2 on ebay as soon as I get it. I won't even look at it, or touch it, there's absolutely no way, no there isn't, I've made up my mind, I won't, I won't keep it, I can't, I've no room, I've got too many cameras, far too many, a ridiculous number, I don't even like touchscreens, there's no knobs, I savaged it on my blog, I musn't, I can't.................dribble, dribble..........

Wasabi Bob

Mu-43 All-Pro
It's all comming into focus now!

I think the current U.S. term we use is "soccer Mom" , replacing the "Little League" mom!

I just participated in a focus group and there is definitely a new breed of females that are looking to upgrade their point and shoot cameras to something more capable, though not necessarily big and bulky.

Now it makes sense - touch menu to simplify the operation. But will the LCD screen stand up to all the manicured nails? Hmmmm ;-)

What's next, perhaps a metro-sexual model?

Latest threads

Top Bottom