DiY Grip for E-P5

DeoreDX

Mu-43 Veteran
I wasnt happy with the grip options for the E-P5 so I decided to try to make my own. I'm far from an experienced woodworker so this will be a learning process for me. The plan is to make a template and use my router to cut out a base plate. Then fashion a grip similar to the one I put on my E-M5 grip base plate which sort of kind of fit on my E-P5.

I rough cut the shape into some 1/2 birch plywood. Wasn't too difficult to cut out. Used my jig saw with scroll saw blade and used my router + table freehand to clean it up and smooth some curves. Do need to cut out the battery compartment access port. If I was smart I would have cut that first because now it's going to be a PITA to clamp down, if I can even clamp it down. Might have to do it again starting with the battery cover hole :)

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

alex66

Mu-43 All-Pro
Good show, I was looking at or intending to create one for the EPM2 but just have not had the time, you have given me some ideas though.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom