DiY Grip for E-P5

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by DeoreDX, Aug 22, 2014.

1. DeoreDX

DeoreDX Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 13, 2013
    Alabama
    I wasnt happy with the grip options for the E-P5 so I decided to try to make my own. I'm far from an experienced woodworker so this will be a learning process for me. The plan is to make a template and use my router to cut out a base plate. Then fashion a grip similar to the one I put on my E-M5 grip base plate which sort of kind of fit on my E-P5.

I rough cut the shape into some 1/2 birch plywood. Wasn't too difficult to cut out. Used my jig saw with scroll saw blade and used my router + table freehand to clean it up and smooth some curves. Do need to cut out the battery compartment access port. If I was smart I would have cut that first because now it's going to be a PITA to clamp down, if I can even clamp it down. Might have to do it again starting with the battery cover hole :)

P8150476.JPG

IMAG0401.jpg

IMAG0399.jpg

IMAG0400.jpg

IMAG0403.jpg

IMAG0404.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  2. golftango

golftango Mu-43 Regular

Nov 13, 2012
    Looking good! Please show us when it is done!

3. alex66

alex66 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jul 23, 2010
    Good show, I was looking at or intending to create one for the EPM2 but just have not had the time, you have given me some ideas though.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.