DIY grip for E-M5

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by Rangerdave, Apr 6, 2013.

1. Rangerdave

Rangerdave Mu-43 Rookie

Feb 8, 2013
    Evesham, UK
    Hi, fairly new to the :43: forum, having got myself a used E-M5 just after Xmas, am loving it and just completed building myself a grip.

Have written a post about it on my blog and thought you might like to see how I did it, and maybe inspire others to have a go too, it was not too difficult using a mixture of wood/metal working and hand tools.

I know there are a few others who have also had a go, it's interesting to see other designs!

Hope you enjoy?

Dave

OMD E-M5 DIY Grip | Top Travel Gear

Here's a taster!

Attached Files:

2. savvy

savvy Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 28, 2012
    S.Yorkshire, UK
    Les
    Dave, fantastic project, well done !! :2thumbs:

Can you add any sort of black pigment/dye to the milliput to make it less of a light grey colour, and blend in more with the E-M5 body?

3. Rangerdave

Rangerdave Mu-43 Rookie

Feb 8, 2013
    Evesham, UK
    Hi savvy,
    Many thanks, glad you like :th_salute:
    You probably can and it does look more grey in the photos than it actually is, I do have some black powdered dye that I use with Polymorph plastic molding that might work, might give it a try on Mk 2!
    For the time being though, I'm just glad it's finished and I can start using it, I'll worry about cosmetics at a later date! :wink:

4. owczi

owczi nareteV 34-uM Subscribing Member

Like with all DIY projects - great work! And the gap for the battery door - i still wonder why Oly haven't done this, maybe because of the cable/conductor layout.

What I would love to see is a "slice" like this with electronic contact pass-through and integrated wireless trigger receiver that goes between two parts of the Oly grip.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.