1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Distance scale on Olympus OM-D

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by jonasval, Apr 4, 2013.

1. jonasval

jonasval New to Mu-43

Mar 27, 2013
    Hi everyone. Is it possible to have a distance scale pop up on the screen when you manual focus on the Olympus OM-D. It really helps to know approximately where the focus is at (atleast it helps me).

I have a panasonic GX1 that is able to do this. I'm attaching a photo to explain, it's the mountain and flower diagram.

[​IMG]

2. cookme

cookme Mu-43 Regular

May 25, 2012
    you mean the lens focal length? it's shown just as a number on the E-M5 screen, at the upper right corner.

3. jonasval

jonasval New to Mu-43

Mar 27, 2013
    Hi, distance scale problaby isn't the right term for this. Focus distance is problably a better term for it. This is just where the focus lies, in the gx1 the diagram tells me if it's near infinity or not. Hope that makes sense.

4. RuffDraft

RuffDraft Mu-43 Regular

Jan 13, 2013
    Hi,

I have that camera, but I'm an amateur. That said, I watched a video on the OM-D that takes you through the settings for $40.

During this video, the man explained that it wasn't a good 'night photography camera' as the lenses are focus by wire and there's no way to set the focus distance.

That said, I'm hoping the 12mm, which has a focus distance on the actual lens, is able to correct this. Otherwise though, I don't believe that there is a way. He certainly didn't show this on the video at least.

Hope this helps.