Dissapointed at WEX

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by scott rawson, Oct 17, 2015.

1. scott rawson

scott rawson Mu-43 Regular

Oct 17, 2015
    west yorks
    I have ordered many times from wex (uk) and had no issues in the past, but thought I would share recent events...they had a Olympus E M5ii LTD edition...you know the titanium looking model....clicked buy as it was up at £650 seemed like a bargain for mint used.
    Atfer 24hrs I got an email saying it might be a similar or equiv model sent.#
    What turned up was a BATTERED SILVER MODEL...paint chips everywhere and scuffs...definatley not what was advertised...gutted to say the least , so I rang cust services and explained my annoyance at not what was advertised ....To be honest agent on phone didn;t give a shit!
    It will be the last time I order from them...

2. pdk42

pdk42 One of the "Eh?" team

Jan 11, 2013
    Leamington Spa, UK
    But did you get a refund?

3. Ulfric M Douglas

Ulfric M Douglas Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Mar 6, 2010
    Northumberland
    scott rawson, post count = 2 ...

Report or not report, that is the question.
    Is it fake? Does WEX have a new competitor needing clicks?
    Seems a bit rum to me.

• Like Like x 1
  4. scott rawson

Oct 17, 2015
    west yorks
    Hi Paul...I expect to...as said never had issue before but of late..Hmm...their descriptions a little untrue

5. DaveEP

DaveEP Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 20, 2014
    York, UK
    You have the right to return it under UK distance selling laws, so don't take any crap and get it returned.

• Like Like x 1
  6. scott rawson

Oct 17, 2015
    west yorks
    You might remember me as scott2hot..new computer..so had a few issues..hence re join...you once purchase a legacy lens from me as paul did my oly em5!...totally genuine i'm afraid...Wex of late stretching the truth...ps my Gx7 AS posted recently....grinds and buzzes a lot on switch on...didn't mention that either...after testing many,surely they would have noticed extra loud noise...cam works ok ,so I kept it for convienence but inc my friends sony A6000 which wasn;t as described.....Be warned!

7. scott rawson

Oct 17, 2015
    west yorks
    e
    Too right dave
    Already returned awaiting refund, used loads in past....just be aware that of late used really means that!

8. scott rawson

Oct 17, 2015
    west yorks
    Everyone...like most folk ...when we get good service we tell someone...when service is poor the internet is great for shouting about it!
    I am sure WEX will refund ..no question...just letting everyone know that of late their description is stretched a little...like me Its just a Fecking hassle waiting for posty...missing him....going to collection centre...only to find camera Not what you ordered then hassle of re-packing...sending back and waiting for some salesrep to yay or nay your refund!

9. Levster

Levster Mu-43 Top Veteran

I recently bought a used GX-7 from Park Cameras for the bargain price of £216, however it appears that the IBIS was faulty and it made a lot of whirring and clunking noises. It was very frustrating but I got my money back quickly so no real harm done! I do prefer to buy used from WEX or MBP, but a couple of descriptions have raised an eyebrow when they've arrived.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. pdk42

Jan 11, 2013
    Leamington Spa, UK
    • Like Like x 1
  11. scott rawson

Oct 17, 2015
    west yorks
    Looking good Paul.....who said build quality wasn't that great on E m5 , you sure got some mileage out of it.

12. Ulfric M Douglas

Ulfric M Douglas Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Mar 6, 2010
    Northumberland
    Oh Hi Scott, yeah I remember you, I may even have bought something off you??
    I only commented as you appeared to be a sudden new joiner with a suspicious complaint,
    please accept my apologies.

13. scott rawson

Oct 17, 2015
    west yorks
    No worries Bud
    It just annoyed me that Wex of late have stretched the truth on condition descriptions...as for my original account god knows what happened,just couldn't get into my account??...and no reset password came to my inbox?
    So back to new user...with no feedback:doh:

14. pdk42

Jan 11, 2013
    Leamington Spa, UK
    It's still going strong. I've since added an E-M1 and that's been back for the infamous rear dial problem. No issues at all with the E-M5.

• Like Like x 1
  15. scott rawson

Oct 17, 2015
    west yorks
    Update..Wex quick to take your money but no refund yet!..they have confirmed receipt back ..but no refund yet....as a side note just got a LX00 from Panasonic outlet on ebay.asolutley like brand new!...first impressions look good output similar to my GX7 with 20mm panny...hopefully be my walkabout camera ..as GAS was really outta control...buying lenses I didn't even need /use!....gonna stick with panny Lx100 for a while and see how I cope with a fixed zoom cam...it was liberating on holiday with just a sony rx100 iii...quality a step up on LX100 by the look so far :drinks:Best thing yet was less than 350 quid...HAPPY DAYS.

16. scott rawson

Oct 17, 2015
    west yorks
    Update..Not really good news! After one week of a confirmation that they had camera back in their possession...no email of refund...rang them this morning..agent...perplexed said we,ll get back to you....nothing all day ..so I rang again this evening...seems like one of their staff got description wrong and now they say camera doesn,t match their original description!!!!..It wouldn,t as what they sent was a tatty silver one ..not titanium LTD model as described...agent said they will try sort it as funny thing is they already have the tatty silver one back on sale...me no refund as yet!...Guess I will have to involve Barclaycard to sort it...will never use them again...must have spent £3 grand over years with Wex

• Like Like x 1
  17. scott rawson

Oct 17, 2015
    west yorks
    Thankfully..spoke to a nice girl in cust services at wex..she sorted it out in 10 mins..what had happened was someone in used dept..had logged in correct serials that didn't match what I returned!...still don't understand why they didn't contact me?...I wonder how long they would have ignored it?..still refund done..all ok

• Like Like x 1