Discrete laptop/camera bag for work/professional environment

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by Tsuioku, Aug 20, 2013.

1. Tsuioku

Tsuioku New to Mu-43

Aug 14, 2013
    Vancouver (Canada)
    Hi Everyone,

I'm looking for a laptop/camera bag that I can bring to work or wear with a suit but doesn't shout I HAVE A CAMERA!

The most I will carry in there will be a 13" laptop, Nex body + lens, 2 spare lenses which weigh in at ~10lbs. Did some quick measurements and estimate I will need a minimum depth of 5" (~13cm) and as a personal preference, max depth of 6" (~15cm). Budget is ~200. Will also consider a used bag if the condition/price is right.

To give an idea of the style I like, I've been eyeing the Ona Brixton/Unionand Epiphanie Austin/London but sadly they are all out of my budget.

If you know of anything that I may be interested in, please leave a post!
  2. metalmania

metalmania Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 19, 2012
  3. Replytoken

Replytoken Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 7, 2012
    Puget Sound
  4. OhWellOK

OhWellOK Mu-43 Veteran

Oct 4, 2012
    Brooklyn, NY
    Check out the Tenba Mini Messenger - Holds a ton of gear and has the interior width you are looking for. Although I don't own a laptop it's has a slot rated for a 13" macbook. One of the better designed camera messenger bags, and definitely would be business appropriate for most situations. No it's not as stylish as the Ona line, but nevertheless has a low key and functional look and MUCH cheaper.
  5. Tsuioku

Tsuioku New to Mu-43

Aug 14, 2013
    Vancouver (Canada)
    Been looking around for the past couple days and think I'm leaning more towards the canvas (waxed preferred) or leather (pleather to be realistic, embossed preferred) bags...
    Should the bag have side pockets, no flaps please..

Thanks for the help thus far and keep the suggestions rolling in!
  6. RDM

RDM Mu-43 All-Pro

Somthing csting even less perhaps?

I wonder what would be a good bag for under 50 dollars. I'm currently using an old Nikon bag that was purchased in 1994 but it's starting to come unstitched in many places, and I can not use the shoulder strap anymore.