Direct printing, anyone? Does PEN-F work better?

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by jaeae, Mar 7, 2016.

1. jaeae

jaeae Mu-43 Rookie

Apr 14, 2014
    Maybe this could belong to the Printing Forum instead, but it's a sort of feature search at the same time.

I read that Oly is reaching for JPEG-shooters with the PEN F. Getting the shot ready in the camera as much as possible and all..

Thing is, personally I have liked to tune photos from RAW, but during the last years I have liked sitting in front of the computer less and less. It would be nice to work without a computer at all. Problem is, that neither of my current cameras support this well (E-M5 and XZ-2). Yes one can print, but that's about it. It would be nice to have more choices, brightening the image and crop to different aspect ratio. There is a cropping option, but it just offers two fixed crops (!) and no other settings.

Also there's a paper problem. With my Epson printer, if I want to print on matte paper, the only option is to print a whole A4-size paper, full. No option to print smaller, only Glossy (!).

Seems that there could be room for improvement? Maybe some other combination would offer options? PEN-F + Canon printer? Or some Panasonic?