Direct printing, anyone? Does PEN-F work better?

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by jaeae, Mar 7, 2016.

1. jaeae

jaeae Mu-43 Rookie

Apr 14, 2014
    Maybe this could belong to the Printing Forum instead, but it's a sort of feature search at the same time.

I read that Oly is reaching for JPEG-shooters with the PEN F. Getting the shot ready in the camera as much as possible and all..

Thing is, personally I have liked to tune photos from RAW, but during the last years I have liked sitting in front of the computer less and less. It would be nice to work without a computer at all. Problem is, that neither of my current cameras support this well (E-M5 and XZ-2). Yes one can print, but that's about it. It would be nice to have more choices, brightening the image and crop to different aspect ratio. There is a cropping option, but it just offers two fixed crops (!) and no other settings.

Also there's a paper problem. With my Epson printer, if I want to print on matte paper, the only option is to print a whole A4-size paper, full. No option to print smaller, only Glossy (!).

Seems that there could be room for improvement? Maybe some other combination would offer options? PEN-F + Canon printer? Or some Panasonic?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.