1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Diopter Correction on M43 -- How?

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by CCRoo, Sep 17, 2012.

1. CCRoo

CCRoo Mu-43 Regular

Mar 22, 2011
    Can anyone explain (or point me to a page that explains) how you adjust the diopter on a mirrorless camera?

Thanks!
    R

2. greenarcher02

greenarcher02 Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 13, 2012
    Manila, Philippines
    I think on the G3 there's a small dial on the side of the EVF...

3. Grinch

Grinch Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 9, 2011
    Canada
    From looking at your signature, I'm assuming you mean the vf-2
    You adjust this by turning the eyecup, it has a mark on it that if sitting centered at the top of viewfinder is 0 , turning clockwise is positive adjustment and counterclockwise is negative.

4. Mikefellh

Mikefellh Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 7, 2012
    Toronto, Canada
    You never mentioned which camera, or if you're talking about an external electronic viewfinder, but most viewfinders have a dial that you can adjust...use the text on the screen to determine sharpness, rather than what the camera is pointing at.

5. Iansky

Iansky Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Dec 26, 2009
    The Cotswolds, UK
    On the LVF2 for Panasonics, there is an adjustment wheel for dioptre underneath the eyepiece.

• Like Like x 1
  6. crsnydertx

crsnydertx Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 31, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Chuck
    I remember when I received the LVF2 being initially disappointed that it apparently had no diopter correction. Then I searched...voila!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.