Dilemma

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by Oopsydaisy74, Sep 21, 2010.

1. Oopsydaisy74

Oopsydaisy74 Mu-43 Regular

Sep 6, 2010
    Bronx, NY
    Will
    I have quite a dilemma, guys and gals. Earlier this month I sold my 7D and lenses in anticipation of the GH2 announcement. Now that it has been announced, I really want that camera! Problem is, it's not gonna be available until early December:eek:  That means I would be without camera for close to another 3 months. I don't make my living shooting, but I don't want to wait that long, I think. The equipment I would like to have when all is said and done is(are) a GH2/20 1.7/14-140. I am considering getting a body only :43: with a 20/1.7 for now. Do any of the Panasonics come with the 20/1.7 as a kit? Then, when the GH2 is available, sell the :43: body and purchase the GH2 with the 14-140 kit. The problem I have with this scenario is I would obviously lose money on the :43: body and I'd only get like 3 months out of it, leaving me to pay the bulk of the GH2 kit out of pocket. Also, I'm not sure which :43: body to get. I think I want to go with a Panasonic, just so there won't be too drastic a change in menus, etc. I'm really looking for ideas, so I look forward to hearing from you

2. photoSmart42

photoSmart42 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 12, 2010
    San Diego, CA
    If you need a temporary camera, look for a used G1 to hold you over. You should be able to sell it for close to what you pay for it when you upgrade to the GH2. Once I sell my GH1 I'll be using my wife's G1 and/or my film cameras until the GH2 is available.

3. pcnyc

pcnyc Mu-43 Regular

Sep 15, 2010
    GF1 does come in 20mm kit flavor, but I agree that it might be a unwise if you want something to keep value until december, because very likely GF2 will be announced right about that time.

4. Oopsydaisy74

Oopsydaisy74 Mu-43 Regular

Sep 6, 2010
    Bronx, NY
    Will
    I decided to go the G1 route(thanks photo). It's nice to have an Adorama 1/2 a block away from my work:biggrin: Picked up the 20/1.7 as well. Hopefully, I'll be posting soon. Thanks for the replies

5. JoepLX3

JoepLX3 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 13, 2010
    Japan
    What is NOK with G2 (compared to GH2)?
    - It will even support 3D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.