Dilemma

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by Oopsydaisy74, Sep 21, 2010.

1. Oopsydaisy74

Oopsydaisy74 Mu-43 Regular

Sep 6, 2010
    Bronx, NY
    Will
    I have quite a dilemma, guys and gals. Earlier this month I sold my 7D and lenses in anticipation of the GH2 announcement. Now that it has been announced, I really want that camera! Problem is, it's not gonna be available until early December:eek: That means I would be without camera for close to another 3 months. I don't make my living shooting, but I don't want to wait that long, I think. The equipment I would like to have when all is said and done is(are) a GH2/20 1.7/14-140. I am considering getting a body only :43: with a 20/1.7 for now. Do any of the Panasonics come with the 20/1.7 as a kit? Then, when the GH2 is available, sell the :43: body and purchase the GH2 with the 14-140 kit. The problem I have with this scenario is I would obviously lose money on the :43: body and I'd only get like 3 months out of it, leaving me to pay the bulk of the GH2 kit out of pocket. Also, I'm not sure which :43: body to get. I think I want to go with a Panasonic, just so there won't be too drastic a change in menus, etc. I'm really looking for ideas, so I look forward to hearing from you

2. photoSmart42

photoSmart42 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 12, 2010
    San Diego, CA
    If you need a temporary camera, look for a used G1 to hold you over. You should be able to sell it for close to what you pay for it when you upgrade to the GH2. Once I sell my GH1 I'll be using my wife's G1 and/or my film cameras until the GH2 is available.

3. pcnyc

pcnyc Mu-43 Regular

Sep 15, 2010
    GF1 does come in 20mm kit flavor, but I agree that it might be a unwise if you want something to keep value until december, because very likely GF2 will be announced right about that time.

4. Oopsydaisy74

Oopsydaisy74 Mu-43 Regular

Sep 6, 2010
    Bronx, NY
    Will
    I decided to go the G1 route(thanks photo). It's nice to have an Adorama 1/2 a block away from my work:biggrin: Picked up the 20/1.7 as well. Hopefully, I'll be posting soon. Thanks for the replies

5. JoepLX3

JoepLX3 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 13, 2010
    Japan
    What is NOK with G2 (compared to GH2)?
    - It will even support 3D