1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Dilemma for Santa

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by benjie, Sep 24, 2011.

1. benjie

benjie Mu-43 Regular

May 17, 2010
    London
    It's that time of the year again and I'm hoping that Santa is still solvent.

I have the GH1 with 14-140, and GF1 with 20mm (and happy with both). I'm looking for a smaller and lighter camera than the GH1 combo to have with me at all times, and as a more convenient camera on holiday (but with some zoom).

I'm torn between the GX 14-42 for the GF1, or else the LX5 (I have the LVF). The price is similar.

Any thoughts?

2. ~tc~

~tc~ Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Oct 22, 2010
    Houston, TX
    I think there will be some more new product announced between now and then that will make the decision considerably harder.

3. benjie

benjie Mu-43 Regular

May 17, 2010
    London
    Are we talking the GFX1? May be nice but most likely too pricey for Mr Claus during this economic downturn/collapse.

4. krugorg

krugorg Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 18, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    It would seem to make more sense to continue investing in your m4/3 system. I am struggling to see the fit for the LX5 anymore, given the price and size that is as big or bigger than the smallest m4/3 bodies with a pancake. If you like to have the travel zoom, it seems like the upcoming Pan collapsible zoom makes the most sense. You will have better IQ than the LX5 and the overall package size will be similar enough not to worry. And... the 20mm (or 14mm) is small enough to keep in a bag if you want to go in for night restaurant/bar shots, or whatever.

• Like Like x 1
  5. ~tc~

~tc~ Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Oct 22, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Other lens choices and smaller bodies from both Panny and Oly are what I was referring to.